Chapter Five

Song for this chapter:

· And Love Said No by H.I.M
Technicolor Beat by Oh Wonder
• How To Never Stop Being So Sad by Dandelion Hands
• Forest Fire by Brighton

Jade's POV

"Stop fighting guys, I think she's waking up." I immediately recognized the voice as Liam's, but I could not figure out why he was there in the hospital room or who had told him. I slowly tried to open my eyes, but every time that I did, the lights in the room burned them as if someone was pouring gasoline into them.

I heard someone gasp, so I turned my head to their direction and finally managed to open my eyes.. Emma stood at the right side of the hospital bed with tears forming in her eyes. "Oh, Jules! I thought I lost you." She exclaimed.

"H-Hi Em." I croaked out.

"Do you need something? I can ask the nurses. " She asked and I nodded when I took notice of how dry my mouth was.

"Water." I muttered and she nodded.

I watched Emma walk across the room and out the hospital door and then closing it behind her. I closed my eyes for a second and opened them again only to notice that Niall had taken Emma's place.

"Hello, Jade." He snickered.

"Hi, Niall. But don't ever call me Jade again please. I hate that name."

"Okay, Jules. I wont. " He replied and I smiled faintly.

A minute later, I heard the door open and close. Emma ran across the room with a paper cup in her right hand. "Here, baby girl, The nurse said not to drink it too fast." She handed me the paper cup and I took it to my lips, and took a small sip. I swallowed and pulled it away from my lips, and placed it down on the bedside table.

"Well, Niall and I have to go. We don't want to leave but Niall has work in an hour and he drove my car here." She frowned.

"It's okay, love. I'll be fine. But where is my purse? " I asked.

Emma walked away and returned with my purse, and sat it down on the edge of the bed. "Thanks, babe
I can't wait to leave here. I'm dying for a cigarette." I told her and she laughed and shook her head.

Emma then bent down and pressed a small kiss to my right cheek in which I returned to her. Niall gave a small nod of his head before the both begun to walk towards the door. "Thank you guys, for staying here. I love you both so much." I told them

They both said "I love you" in unison before they left the room. I closed my eyes and momentarily forgot that I was not alone, that Liam was still in the room.

"Ahem." He cleared his throat, and I turned my head to the direction that the noise had come from.

My eyes widened when I realized that Liam and I weren't alone and with that the memories begun to flood my mind. The yell of my name and the apologies. How the hell had I forgotten that he was also in the room? His emerald-green eyes met mine and I turned away. I didn't want to see his beautiful eyes. "Jade, please look at me." He begged and I shook my head.

"Jade, why?" Liam broke the silence.

"Why, what?" I asked while staring at the ceiling.

"Why did you take the drugs. "

I chuckled, "Because I wanted to."

"Jade, look at me please." Harry begged and I just shook my head yet again.

"Jade Juliana Payne, look at him!" Liam screamed, in which caused me to flinch.

I turned my head to Liam "Fuck you, Liam. I don't want to. Why is he even here? He has no reason to be here. I'm not important to him, I never was." I choked out in between sobs. " He doesn't love me, he never did. And neither do you."

" I do love you, Jade." Liam replied.

"So do you really want to know why I am the way I am now? Do you Liam? " I asked and he nodded. "Because of you both. You both abandoned me. You personally took his side over mine. He fucking broke my heart. I left Holmes Chapel because of you guys." I inhaled sharply and continued. "I ran away from you guys because I felt so alone."

I turned my head to Harry "And you!" His beautiful emerald eyes looked into mine. "Do you know what you've done to me? Do you know how many nights I cried over you? Do you know how much of an impact that your stupid fucking bet had on my life? Do you want to know why I have all these scars? Because of you! And the drugs, I do them because I'm so numb. And you have the gull to sit there, trying to look like a knight in shining armor just because you helped me get to the hospital, well you're not. You're nothing but an egotistical twat!" Harry looked down at the floor.

"Jade, you need help." Liam announced.

"No, I don't. I am perfectly fine the way that I am."

Liam chuckled, "Denial, is always the first step."

I busted out in laughter "Denial? Ha, all I need is to erase you both from my mind like you both did me 3 years ago."

Liam gasped, "I never forgot you Jade, I just couldn't find you. I searched and searched and when I found you o  campus you always ran away from me. Harry even searched also. But we will make a deal okay?"

I nodded, "Go on."

"I will give you a week to prove to us that you are okay and that you don't need help and if you can't then you'll go to a rehabilitation center." Liam bargained.

I smiled, "You have a deal but on what conditions? "

"I will be staying with Harry at his flat for one week. You are to stay there for a week with us, since it's winter break you wont have to worry about university." Liam explained.

I smirked and looked at Liam and Harry. "Do we have a deal?" Harry questioned.

I nodded, "Yeah we have a deal."