Chapter 9

“Where is she now” Lala asked suddenly awake from the seriousness of the situation

“At her house. Shan stayed with her while I came to get you guys” Whitney said while making a sharp turn to the left.

“How did he get there before us” I asked

“He was there with me” Whitney said

“How” I asked dumbly

“Do you seriously think I like sleeping outside?” Whitney asked me seriously

“Yes” I replied with no hesitation

“No asshole I only do it to keep watch over her and once a week Shan brings a tent and spends the night so I don’t have to sleep completely outside” Whitney says with a slight change in her voice from irritated to love.

I don’t know what possessed me to say what I said next, but im just going to blame it on lack of sleep.

“That’s only because he wants to hit” I said without thinking

“And right now he can get” Whitney said chuckling but I knew she was serious.

“I thought I could get it” I said as we exited the car.

“You are such a hoe” Lala yawned from the back seat

“I'm waiting for that one special girl to change me” I said while winking at her

“You two belong together” Whitney said as she led us to the back of the house

The house was your classic two story house with the big oak tree in the front. Instead of leading us to the back door of the house she led us into the woods behind the forest until we reached a beautiful clearing you could easily miss if you didn’t know what you were looking for. In the middle of the clearing a little girl laid in the grass bleaching it with her red blood. She was slowly bleeding to death from the gash on her forehead. She was currently unconscious and in dire need of a miracle. There was no way we could get her to the hospital in time. Shan looked up in shock when he noticed that Whitney had brought us back instead of the paramedics. In his eyes I could see him wondering how we could possibly help.

“Whats up” Shan said trying to sound casual but his voice was laced with worry.

In a situation like this it is never acceptable for me to open my mouth. You would think from the millions of times that I did that I would learn when and when not to have a smart ass comment. This was just another time to add to the millions of times I ignored my own advice.

“Apparently you can get it” I said before I could stop myself.

“Forreal” Shan said temporarily forgetting the seriousness of the situation

“My sister” Whitney said bring us back to reality

“Why do you need me” Lala said standing at the edge of the clearing

Upon looking at all the blood  for the first time she sat down and put her head in between her legs to keep from fainting. We clearly didn’t have time to waste so I jogged quickly back to Lala and squatted in front of her.

“Close your eyes and trust me” I whispered to her

She closed her eyes and placed her hand in mine. It was obvious as to why Whitney picked us to help. We were healers. By some kind of magic. I'm sure there was a scientific explanation but I didn’t need to know that. I led us over to her body and took a deep breath. I placed her hand over the wound and slowly it iced over. It was my turn I used my gift until it turned the royal purple. Slowly the wound turned purple but something was off. After a few moments life was restored into her eyes. Instead of her getting up and walking around like Whitney did when we healed her she stayed still. Her eyes didn’t turn back to their olive color. They stayed the royal purple shade.  At this moment I should have known something was up but I didn’t. I tried to stand up but my legs were jelly I couldn’t get up. I was being drained. She was trying to drain me. I didn’t know what to do so I panicked. Panicking is never a good solution. I heated and heated up until my clothes burnt themselves off and the grass was quickly burning up. I had never been this hot. I was a walking ball of fire. I heard shouting around me but I couldn’t focus because by each second I was getting weaker. I grabbed her by the arm and she didn’t even burn. She simply heated up more. Draining me more. The two of us were on the verge of setting the woods on fire effectively starting a wildfire. I couldn’t help it though. I didn’t know what to do.