Chapter 16

On the way back I thought back to the first time me and Alex started our little “agreement.”

FLASHBACK

It was freshman year and naturally girls and guys were always trying to be my friend because I had a reputation of being a jock. I had led the JV team to countless victories and broke three records. Anyways while everyone was trying to get a minute with me I was trying to avoid them. I wandered into a random locker room and sat on the bench thankful for the fresh air. But most importantly a moment solitude. Unfortunately at that moment I didn’t know I was in the girls locker room. So imagine my surprise when I heard little sobs coming from the shower area. My first thought was why the hell would a dude be crying then I finally looked around and noticed little details. No weights. Pink lockers. No urinals. And no sweaty ball smell. I followed the sobs to the showering area . In the last stall I saw a girl curled up in a ball crying. She looked up me and didn’t even scream when she saw a boy was in the girls locker room.

At this point in my life I had no previous experience with girls. My world had revolved around football. I had never had a serious relationship or even lost my virginity yet. Needless to say I had no experience on how to deal with crying girls. But I also wasn’t the type of guy to leave her like this. I stepped in the shower and sat next to her while she continued to cry. Eventually the tears stopped. She sat there staring at me while I stared right back. It was obvious we were from two different worlds and were out of our element.

“Why did you stay?” she asked softly after our staring contest ended.

“You were sad” I said sounding like a kindergartener

“So” she said masking her emotions from me

I stood up and stepped out the shower. She probably expected me to leave but I wasn’t like that. I could tell she was shocked because it was written all over her face when I turned around and offered my hand out to her. She placed her tiny hand in mine and I pulled her to her feet and into a hug.

“Your not alone. You can talk to me” I whispered to her

I pulled back and looked into her eyes. Even though they were bloodshot and puffy they were still beautiful. They were a honey walnut color that captivated anyone that looked into them. I leaned forward and pecked her lips.

“Call me” I said reciting the digits.

That moment was the start of an amazing relationship.

END OF FLASHBACK

I was jerked from the flashback by my head hitting something very solid. I looked up and noticed I was at the door. I was so caught up in my own thoughts that I didn’t know I was at the door. I walked into the house and everything was in a frenzy. Clothes were being thrown in bags. The internet was being searched. People were yelling. I loudly slammed the door loudly and all eyes turned to me.

“Whats going on?” I asked

“We are going to get our families” Shan said as if it was the most obvious thing in the word

“Where is that exactly” I asked feeling a little slow

“Well that’s what were arguing about” Lala told me

“Shan here thinks the fist of god is actually referring to the set in Hollywood” She said with disgust

“Lala here thinks it’s the actual fist mountain” Shan said with just as much disgust.

Clearly it was up to me to make a decision. I looked them both in the eye and all I saw was determination to be right. If Lala was right then we would have to fly all the way out there but if Shan was right it would be a 3 to 4 day drive to California. Lets face it California was wayyyy more appealing then some desert. This was going to be an interesting roadtrip.

“Road trip” I said signaling I was agreeing with Shan.

“Why cant we just fly” Whitney asked impatient to get her family back.

“I don’t know maybe because we not old enough to buy tickets” I answered in a duh tone.

“Back to packing chop chop” I said clapping my hands

I stole a glance at Lala and she was glaring at me. I was definitely going to pay for siding with Shan lter. But come on who would give up the opportunity to go to Cali. An hour later we were loading the car and preparing to leave.

“Hello” I said into the phone after it had ranged 3 times

“You left something at my house” Alex told me

“Pack a bag” I told her and hung up.

She didn’t have anyone here with her. I was not going to leave her alone. I may be slightly using her but that didn’t mean I didn’t care.

“Change of plans” I said once everyone entered the car.

“What change” Shan asked

“Alex will be joining us” I said as I smoothly pulled out the driveway.

“Ryan did you think this through” Lala asked at the same time Shan said

“Do you really need your sex on the go”

I ignored both their comments and continued the drive to Alex house. Couple minutes later we arrived and I hopped out the car to meet Alex at the door.

“Ryan you do realize im not suspended and have school tomorrow” she said

It was clear to me that she was uncomfortable ditching more than once a year. Its not like her parents cared as far as they were concerned she could drop out already and join the family business.

“You have all your credits and extra so you don’t need to go and Whitney and Shan are coming and they have classes” I said thinking I had won the argument.

“First off Whitney isn’t even enrolled properly” she told me

Seeing that this was a losing argument I grabbed her bags and walked over to her car expectantly waiting on her to open it. She popped the trunk then I popped mine. I gathered the other girls stuff then loaded her car with their stuff. There was no way I was going to be filled in an estrogen car for over a day.

“This is stupid” Whitney yelled out suddenly

“How” I asked startled by her outburst

“We cant just leave my sister unprotected” she said as if just remembering her

“She isn’t unprotected” the little girl said appearing from nowhere

“How can you help?” Whitney asked getting defensive

“Do you have any other choice” the little girl answered calmly

“That’s settled then” I said effectively ending the intense staring match between the 2.

“All aboard” I yelled from the driver seat of my car.

Shan filled in the passenger side and off we went with me in the lead.

COMMENT            VOTE                   SHARE