Chapter 1

The difference between me and you is that I'm better. I'm stronger, faster, beautiful, and I'm a monster. I don't know how to describe it other than a monster. No one knows my secret. I first realized I was different when I was 15. It was the day of my graduation from a program that specialized in law. It was also the day the school had a leak in the pipes and the school caught fire. At least that's what everyone thinks. No on knows the truth but me. The day of the graduation was the day my father left me and I was so angry. I was angry to the point where I set fire to the school by a single touch of my index finger. That's right I only touched it. I never told my mom because I was scared of being a freak. Two years later I'm happy and only use my powers in an emergency or when no one is around.

For the sixth time of the day I checked my phone hoping to see a text message from Lala. She was suppose to text me at five and it was only 5:10pm. Lala had been my best friend since 5th grade. She had always been there for me. She could always sense I had secret but she never pressured me to tell her. I was brought back to reality by the sound of "Im sexy and I Know it". I eagerly picked up the phone and pressed the green answer button.

"Where are you" I said into the phone.

"Outside" she told me.

I walked outside and smiled. We were suppose to be keeping a low profile but she decided to pick me up in her bright red lambo. I was beyond excited. She never let anyone come near it. I felt so special. I jumped down the stairs of my parents mansion and enveloped my best friend in a bone crunching hug.

"Your hurting me" she choked out while laughing.

I let her go and walked over to the passenger side door and opened it for her. My mom raised me as a gentleman so she knew that there was no arguing that I was driving. I ran over to the driver side door and jumped in. I smoothly pulled out the driveway and buckled my seatbelt at the same time. Once I was sure Lala was buckled in I pressed on the gas hard. I hit 100mph in about a minute. We were gliding across the deserted road. That's when I saw her. A little girl about the age of five was standing in the road. Lala screamed in panic while I hit the brakes. Right before we were suppose to hit the girl she was gone. But we were going so fast that when I slammed on the brakes the tires caught fire. When the car stopped I jumped out the car and ran around to help Lala. A few seconds later I felt the explosion before I saw it. I put my hands up to part the explosion so I could save Lala. When I put my hands up I didn't expect to get thrown backwards. I looked at my best friend in confusion and her face mirrored mine. The car was still on fire but the flames were a royal purple. I slowly stood up and reached for the flames. They didn't feel like the usual burning sensation. It was like a faint beating. Like the beating of a heart in my hand. I was drawn to it. I tried to touch it again but before I could it froze over. I was so lost in my own thoughts that I didn't even hear Lala's intake of breath as I reheated the flames. It had to be the perfect combination of heat and ice. Before I could react my whole body froze over. My body reacted instantly and heated up. I turned around ready to defend myself but I couldn't bring myself to set fire to my best friend, my opposite, Lala. She looked shocked. Then she busted up in tears. I instantly ran to her and was at her side. I would never understand females. As I looked into her eyes I saw them turn from an icy blue back to her normal hazel. I didn't understand why she was crying and clutching her chest until the pain hit me. I fell to the ground but I still had too much pride to cry. My last sight before I blacked out was the little girl standing over me and touching my chest. The pain started to go away as I got closer to unconsciousness.

I awoke the next morning with a numb feeling. Suddenly the accident came back to me. I quickly sat up thinking I was still on the side of the road but I was safely in my bed.

"Mom" I called out.

She rushed in with a smile of relief on her face.

"Thank god your ok"