Chapter 22

“No silly actual rain.” I said clarifying

“Ryan I don’t exactly know how to turn the rain on and off”

“But you did it before”

“I was almost beyond pissed” she said

“Whatever asshole” I mumbled knowing she heard me

I wanted to know if her theory worked even if I would be paying for it later.

“Call me an asshole one more time” she said clearly upset

“Asshole” I said enunciating the word

Before I could form my next thought I swear the car felt like it was caught up in its own little tsunami.

“You wanted a little rain right” Lala practically yelled into the phone.

“No” I said slightly scared of this new side of her.

As the sky suddenly took a turn for the dark I began my many apologizes.

“Im so so sorry” I said over and over trying to calm her down before she flooded the highway.

Eventually the downpour had its desired affect. Whitney practically fell from the sky and landed in the grass pretty hard. She limped over to the car and knocked on the window before I unlocked it and she hopped in naked and wet. Shan being prepared for the situation tossed her some basketball shorts and a shirt.

“Im assuming the rain was your fault” she said snatching the clothes out his hands.

“Yes. I walked out on you and that wasn’t right” Shan said trying to be honest with her.

“Apology accepted” Whitney said effectively dismissing him.

“You keep saying that like there isn’t a problem but I see one” Shan said getting frustrated.

“Your imagining a problem” she said coolly.

“Are you upset?” I asked intervening seeing that this conversation was going no where.

“Why would I be?” she answered my question with a question. It was time to go Dr. Phil on them.

“I don’t know maybe because your so called man was basically drooling over another girl who was bad as hell” I said trying to be helpful.

“Ryan” Shan said in a warning tone.

“Anyways he is not my man he can drool over anyone” Whitney said trying hard to hide the disgust in her voice.

“So why were you upset?” I asked

“Im not upset nor was I ever” she answered trying to be nonchalant

“So I am not your man” Shan said in disbelief

“Nope” Whitney said popping the p

“Could have sworn you had some claim on me.” Shan said turning fully around to look at her.

“Oh no because any guy I had claim over wouldn’t have wandering eyes.” Whitney stated matter of factly.

“Moment of weakness” Shan said climbing into the backseat almost kicking me in the face during the process.

“Ok” she said angling her body away from his.

“Wont happen again” he said practically begging for her forgiveness.

“Again you had every right to look” she said turning even more to gaze out the window

“What do I have to do to prove to you it wont have again” he said getting desperate.