Chapter 18

“Whats the terms?” Whitney asked

“Lap dance” I said with my trademark smirk even though they couldn’t see it

“Now you pay up” Whitney said to Lala

“Am I really that predictable?” I asked

“Yes” All three of them said in unison

“Do we have a deal or not” I asked slightly impatient

“Let‘s go” Alex said then hung the phone up

“You heard them” I said to Shan

He looked at me briefly then pressed harder on the accelerator. They may have had brains in the car but this car definitely had speed. We already had an unfair advantage.

Faster car + police radar = easy win.

Or at least that was my logic. As we picked up speed Shan swerved through the other cars expertly.

“Done this before” I said to Shan

“Might of might not have raced in the past” he said critically

“Any more skeletons in the closet?”

“Of course” he said giving me a crooked smile.

I used the rear view mirrors and even turned around in my seat to look for the girls but they were no where to be found. I assumed we had just passed them with Shan’s excellent driving. Shan was seriously a professional. He weaved through the other cars at top speed.

“Our exit is on the right” I told Shan a mile out from it.

We hit the exit then the hotel moments later. We pulled into the parking lot and Alex’s car was nowhere to be found. We pulled into the first available spot that just so happened to be close to the entrance. I glanced up at the entrance and watched as all 3 girls walked out laughing. I could not believe my eyes. We had lost. I tried to discreetly tell Shan to slide down in his seat but it was no help. My car was the only custom burnt orange car in the lot possibly the world. So of course they spotted us immediately.

“Probably wasn’t smart to listen to the GPS” Whitney said once we rolled the window down.

“Why not?” I asked

“The GPS took you all around to the front of the hotel when you could have came in through the back” Lala said shaking her head at me.

“Lets go” I said snatching a key out of Lala’s hand and heading to the hotel discreetly hoping they had forgot about the bet.

“You right lets go I'm looking forward to this dance” Alex said successfully reminding everyone.

The hotel was grand and obviously expensive. I looked around with my mouth hanging slightly open.

“Only the best courtesy of my dad” Lala said saying dad as if it was a foreign cuss word.

That ladies and gentleman is a whole other story/ drama.

“Foods on my dad then” I said producing a shiny black card

He may have been out of my life but that didn’t mean I couldn’t spend his money. Its not that my mom couldn’t provide because she could. She made twice as much as he did. One of the main reasons they broke up. His pride couldn’t handle that. I felt it was only fair I spent every dime of his money for leaving us.

“4 beds 2 rooms” Shan said bring me out my internal ramble

“Sleepover” I whispered to him as I glanced at Alex and Lala.