Chapter 31

“So husband” Lala started

“Yes wifey” I interrupted

“We need to talk about this”

“Your right we do. I feel that as my wife it is your duty to help me join the mile high club” I said completely serious just imagining it.

“What makes you think I would help you?” she said raising her perfectly arched eyebrow.

“Well for starters you’re my wife and Alex can no longer take care of me so it falls on you.” I said as if it was only logically.

“You tricked me into marrying you. I was clearly drunk. I would have never said yes if I was sober” she told me hurtfully.

“Wow so that’s how you feel” I said

“Wait Ryan that came out wrong I didn’t mean it like that.”

“But you were obviously thinking it.” I said as I pulled the car over and hopped out.

I walked over to the other car and knocked on the window. Signaling for him to roll it down.

“Wassup” Shan said as his window rolled down

“Trade places with me?” I asked hoping he would say yes.

“Sure” he said asking no questions as he noticed the look on my face.

He hopped out and I promptly hopped in speeding up not even waiting for Shan to get into the other car.

“What‘s the problem?” Whitney asked me softly

“Nothing” I said trying to keep a tight hold on my emotions

“So you always drive this fast and grip the steering wheel so tight” Whitney said looking at the speedometer and my tight white knuckles on the steering wheel.

“Yup” I said popping the p and consciously loosening my grip and slowing down.

“Talk to me” she said like my mom use to. I just couldn’t help myself I started to talk to her.

“Lala doesn’t want to be married to me”

“She‘s 17 she shouldn’t even be thinking about settling down” Whitney told me truthfully.

“Why not? I think Im a catch. I a good man.”

“You tricked her into marrying you. Good men don’t do that” Whitney told me gently

“Whatever” I said dismissively done with the conversation.