Chapter 28

“Everyone is safe but I couldn’t find your mother Ryan” Whitney whispered just loud enough for us to hear.

“Of course you couldn’t because that would be too easy” I said sarcastically.

We walked through a door that was labeled set B and it seemed we had walked into another movie set. Alice and Wonderland to be exact. It was the scene in the movie where they were having a tea party but only it had been altered for us. Instead of tea on the tables and animals gathered around it there was a feast on the table with our parents sitting around the table leaving a seat open next to them. At the foot of the table sat my mom I almost rushed to her but I had to keep my composure. At the head of the table I expected to see Whitney’s father but instead the place setting was empty. I walked toward my mother and claimed the seat next to her.

“Mom I am so sorry for all of this” I said sincerely

“Ryan I should be the one apologizing”

“For what” I asked

“Having horrible taste in men” my mother said loud enough for my dad to hear.

“Nice to know he gets his sarcastic humor from you” My dad said dryly

“Nice to know she taught me how to treat a lady and kidnapping one isn’t the way to go” I said with a fake smile on my lips.

“Speaking of treating ladies right you really should be careful of the women you screw over” My father said hinting at something.

“But if you do decide to screw them over then at least make sure they arent very bright” Whitney’s father said as he dusted invisible dirt off his sleeve.

“There is nothing like a woman scorned” Lala’s father contributed from across the table.

“You would know” Lala said loudly

“You should really keep this in mind”

I knew that voice but I refused to even consider it was her. The guest of honor had arrived and it turned out to be someone I was really close to. This day just kept getting better and better. Alex took her seat at the head of the table and looked at each one of us in the face. She studied mine for the longest.

“You have got to be kidding me” Lala said being the first to break the silence.

“Ryan this would have never happened if you had just treated me right” Alex said momentarily breaking eye contact to glare at Lala.

“I did treat you right” I said bringing her attention back to me.

“Oh please Im not stupid. You always looked at me like I wasn’t good enough. I knew I would never compare to the girl who already has your heart.”

“How about we go talk about this in the other room” I said trying to clean up my mess.