Chapter 11

“Yes me again” she said and snickered.

This time she wasn’t wearing a crimson dress but I bright vibrant red one. This dress was very simple it flowed to her ankles and a V shaped neckline. This was the closet I had ever been to her. She was pretty much average. Average height. Caramel color. Barely any curves. She could easily be lost in the crowd if it wasn’t for her bright red hair and eyes. It was like her life was centered on it.

“Where are they” I asked after my quick observation of her.

“Safe and sound. Now on to business” she said clearly loving the fact that she was completely in control.

“Bring them back” I said getting a little agitated.

She was clearly being fueled by my anger so I took a seat on the couch next to her and tried to keep calm.

“Lets make a deal” she said while grabbing the remote to the tv

“Turn to fox the games on” I told her trying to see who was winning. I had money on that game.

“Saints down by a touchdown” she told me flipping to the station

“Damn it” I said lowly

“Back to the deal” she said trying to grab my attention

“Yes the deal” I said slightly preoccupied by the game

“I want the little girl.” She said

“Touchdown Saints” I yelled jumping into the air happy that they had managed to tie the game with the Seahawks.

Frustrated that I was no longer giving her my full attention she turned the tv off.

“The girl” she said through clinched teeth

“You mean the one that comes when she feels like it. Good luck with that. ” I said sarcastically. My mouth was one day going to get me in trouble.

“Yes that’s the one” the girl said getting excited.

“Well unfortunately I have no way of contacting her” I said grabbing her hand.

Her skin was a lot smoother than I expected. I had a plan but I wasn’t sure it was going to work. Only one way to find out.

“New deal” I said turning her hand over in mine

“What” she said trying to snatch her hand back but I had a tight grip.

“Tell me where the girls are and I wont kill you” I said seriously

“Good luck with that” she said with a chuckle.

“Lets see what happens to the human body when its as hot as the sun” I said exaggerating but she didn’t know that .

Not wanting to take the risk of losing her skin she told me quickly. “The little house on the creek” and with that she was gone.

I knew that wouldn’t be the last of her so I hopped in the car and sped off toward the creak. It was the creek near where the crash happened. The car quickly reached 70 in about 30 seconds. It was light the car sensed my frantic state. That should have been a clue to me that something was wrong. As soon as I thought that the engine blew. I had burnt the engine out of Lala’s Ferrari. That was impossible I hadn’t even reached 100mph yet. I was never going to hear the end of this. I popped the hood and quickly hopped out the car. Smoke almost instantly filled the air and my lungs. I slammed the hood closed and contemplated my next move. In the distance I saw Shan walking toward me. The closer he came the clearer his facial expression was. He was pissed the fuck off. What could have happened since I left the house?

“The fuck dude” he said once I was hearing distance

“What” I asked impatiently

“Did you seriously plan on leaving me” he said clearly pissed.

I did not have time for this.

“I don’t have time for this” I said and started to brush past him

Instead of brushing past him I ran dead smack into a wall of energy. It was bright and blinding. It was surrounding him and practically crackling with energy. Somebody was clearly upset.

“We don’t need to fight each other” I said trying to reason with him.

“No we need to do this here and now” He said his barrier now becoming clearer and causing my hair to stand on end. A clear sign that he was nowhere near calming down

“What’s the problem” I said trying to keep the impatience out my voice

“You never include me in anything. You act as if I’m not a part of this team. Something goes wrong with the girls you fix it. Not us. I understand that you would go through hell and back for Lala and I would too. Not because I love her but because she’s apart of this team.” He said getting it off his chest.

As we all know I’m nowhere near normal so in this situation I made the wrong decision. I got defensive. I mean come on did you expect anything else from me. He let out all his suppressed anger and it was out in the open but now it was my turn.

“Your little speech was nice but let’s get something straight I will never trust anyone with my best friend life. Most importantly I will never trust anyone with her life not because she my best friend but because she is the love of my life. You’re upset because I don’t include you. How about you stop acting like a little bitch and man the fuck up then I will include you.” I said taking a step toward him while I heated up.

The longer I looked at him the angrier I got. In return my body heated up and it was clear the same was happening to him and his ability. As my heated body touched his barrier of electricity it sizzled and crackled. The closer I got to him and past the barrier it crackled and sizzled louder and louder. I stepped up to him fully heated and had the intention to push him out the way but the moment my finger entered his personal space we blew up. We both flew ten feet in the air in opposite directions. I slowly peeled myself off the pavement and sat up. Across the street Shan slowly pulled himself into a sitting position. The tips of his hair were slightly charred while mine was crackling. I got up from the ground groaning from the impact.

“Never again” I told Shan as we walked back to the car.

“Never again” he said and grabbed my outstretched hand

Just like that we were cool again. No grudges. No hair pulling. No nothing. No bitch shit.