Chapter 27

“See my family kill everyone else” She said bluntly

“Kills a little harsh” Alex said sounding very nervous

“Should have never took whats mine” Lala said harshly and I just knew from her tone that her eyes were an icy blue.

We pulled up to the gate of the studio and saw that our plan had another fatal flaw. There before us stood a 10 foot wrought iron gate with guards on either side. It was close to impossible for us to go in through the main entrance.

“No harm in trying to knock” Shan said looking at our impossible dilemma.

A guard eye balled us suspiciously as we just sat in front of them without uttering a word. Before I could even get a word out to explain I noticed a woman behind the bars of the gate. It was the

last person I expected to see. It was the lady from the principals office. The one who had the nerve to kidnap the girls.

“Let them through” she said speaking directly to the guard.

His eyes briefly flashed the color of hers before he hit the right buttons to let us through. I gently pressed on the gas and the car moved forward until the bumper of my car almost hit her. I had to refrain myself from just running her over because then I would never see my mom again.

“I see I‘ve finally got your attention” she spoke loud enough to be heard through the glass of the car.

“Whats that suppose to mean?” I asked while staying within the safety of the car

“On multiple occasions you ignored my attempts of being peaceful”

“You were never peaceful” I said almost yelling

“I was though I tried to talk at the mall, your school, your house, and I even sent some friends to try.” She said while counting off each of our encounters on her fingers.

“Each time they tried to kill me even your little friend you sent” I yelled getting upset.

“Maybe that’s how we communicate peacefully. We tried to kill you but since we didn’t succeed I consider that peaceful” she said shrugging her shoulders as if it was no big deal.

With that she walked off leaving us no choice but to follow if we wanted to see our parents again. We kept our distances as we began to follow her. One minute we were on the scene of the beach the next we were in a cowboy scene . A few more feet and I was surrounded by holes. We had made it to the set of the movie holes. This would have been a great moment to say I told you so if it wasn’t a serious moment. We walked inside to the second half of the set and was immediately shrouded in darkness.

“Lights Camera Action” I heard before the entire set was lit.

There before me stood a mountain. It was an exact replica of the mountain from holes. It even had the fake onion roots. That wasn’t the most surprising part though. There before at the peak of the mountain stood someone I use to love, someone who was suppose to teach me to love, someone who I know had a new found hatred for. My so called father. Even though it had been years since I had last seen him he was still the same. Only difference was his hair was shorter than the mini afro I was use to.

“How could you do this to me?” I asked not even caring that my voice sounded needy and desperate

“Your mother brought this upon herself and you. All I ever wanted was a family. You could have had it all but your mother didn’t share my views. She refused to accept that we were a superior family and should be treated as such” he said with a fury I had only seen once before.