Chapter 35

I did a complete 360 until I realized I was back in the backyard. I definitely wanted that future to come true. Everything was perfect except for the one tiny detail that I planned on preventing from happening.

“Ryan” Lala said from the doorway calling me out of my trance.

“Yes” I said somewhat startled

“Breakfast is ready” she said then walked back in.

I followed her back into the house with my eyes glued to her ass. Once I looked up I saw that everyone was seated at the table.  I walked over to Shan with a purpose. Rearing back I let go and punched him in the face with everything I had. I was tempted to do it again but Lala grabbed me.

“What the hell” Lala said grabbing me while Whitney helped Shan pick his face up off the ground.

“Explanation now before I lose it.” Whitney demanded as she struggled to keep her human form.

“That’s for what the two of you son plans on doing to my daughter.” I said calmly like I was being rational.

“What are you talking about” Shan struggled to say with the cold water bottle pressed against his face.

“The little girl took me on a trip to a possible future and your son thought it was perfectly acceptable to defile my daughter.” I said calmly as I picked up my fork and started to eat.

“I had a son by him?” Whitney asked smiling bigly

“Yes” I choked out between my mouthful of food.

“Sorry I guess me and him will have to talk about that” Shan said seriously

“Was I there?” Lala asked looking at me expectantly

“Very briefly” I lied suddenly getting embarrassed about the things I had wanted to do to her.

“Ryan if you were any lighter you‘d be blushing” Lala said and smirked

“Im not going to discuss that with you.” I said then turned my concentration back on my food.

“Since when do we keep secrets from each other” she asked

“Since now” I answered automatically without thinking.

“Well ok then” she said as she rolled her eyes and dismissed herself from the table.

“I hope whatever happened in this future was worth pissing her off in the present” Whitney said then followed her up the stairs.

“So what exactly happened in this vision” Shan asked me as he flexed his jaw.

I sighed deeply before dropping my fork and telling him everything. From the dream I had all the way to the future I was in. Not leaving out a single detail.

“Damn man” Shan said once I had finished.

“I know” I said as I banged my head on the table.

“So what your telling me is that our kids are most likely going to have a gift.” Shan stated

“Yup” I said even though it wasn’t a question.

“Ryan I found your mom” Whitney said as she rushed down the stairs and out the door.

Quickly following behind her we were lead into the woods. When we arrived all I saw where the animals she sent out and not my mom. I watched as Whitney tried to decipher what each animal was telling her. As she gathered each of their stories her brow became to furrow even more.

“What‘s going on” I asked impatiently.

“From what I gathered shes dust.” Whitney said not believing what she had just said.

“That doesn’t even make sense.” I said

“Show me” she said then stepped back.

We all followed suit. The animals all huddled together then started to shake awkwardly. First a faint glow could be seen from all the shaking then the glow continued to get brighter until we had to eventually advert our eyes. When I reopened my eyes there stood my mother smiling down on me as of nothing had happened.

“Thank you Whitney” she said before she collapsed on the ground at our feet.

I gently picked her up then carried her back to the house. Careful not to hit her head on any of the doorways. I laid her out on the bed in her room then pulled up a chair to watch the rapid rise and fall of her chest. Just hoping she would be alright. I finally had my mom back which meant it was time to make Alex pay.