Chapter 29

“I have them” the mysterious little girl said appearing out of nowhere.

“Your suppose to be watching my sister” Whitney said as her instantly spiked

“She is currently safe and so are your parents. They wont remember a thing” the little girl said as she pointedly looked at Whitney.

“Now that that’s taken care of. Ryan what…” Lala asked trying to continue our previous conversation.

“Including my mom?” I asked ignoring Lala

“No but Whitney can find her and before she gets too far.” the little girl said as she once again disappeared leaving us all stumped and in an awkward silence.

“Well Im assuming its time to address the elephant in the room” Shan said getting fed up with the silence.

“What elephant?” I asked playing dumb.

“The answer to your proposal silly” Shan said chuckling evilly

“Your right. La‘Bria will you marry me?” I asked looking her directly in the eye.

“You have enough women problems at the moment. No need to add a wife into the mix.” Lala said as she walked off to the exit of the studio.

I didn’t know how to take the answer she had just given me. She didn’t say no but she also didn’t say no. I didn’t know whether to rejoice that it wasn’t a flat out no or be upset that she avoided the question.

“What‘s that suppose to mean?” I asked jogging to catch up to her.

“Look at what happened with Alex” she said stating the obvious.

“She was my friend with benefits not wife” I said

“Then there was Claire who turned out to be my father.” Whitney offered up from the back.

“Thank you for the input” I said sarcastically to Whitney.

“Ryan I know you mean well but marrying me isn’t the way to protect me. You marry them because you love them and protecting them comes with the territory not the other way around.” she said sounding slightly disappointed that I was even suggesting it.

“I cant even believe she was considering it” Shan tried to whisper to Whitney.

“Why wouldn’t she?” I asked turning around to talk to him.

“To her it would be like marrying a brother and making love to a family member” he said loud enough for her to hear.

“Even more reasons to not get married.” Lala said even though I could clearly see I her eyes that that wasn’t the way she felt.