Chapter 34

I slowly opened my eyes to the blinding light streaking in the from the partly closed curtains. Fluttering my eyes a few times to get use to the light I noticed I wasn’t alone in the bed. Laying next to me still sleeping was a woman. From what the sheet was showing I could tell she was definitely my type. She was lying on her side with the sheet resting dangerously low on her hips. Following her hip back up with my fingertips my finger dipped down to her tight toned stomach. Follow the trail up her smooth caramel skin I came to her wild and sweated out curly hair. Pushing her hair aside I exposed her neck where passion marks were on display. I instantly knew who it was. There was only one girl I would ever mark. I freaked completely out and tumbled out the bed. Waking her up in the process.

“Ryan are you ok?” I heard a hoarse voice ask me from atop the bed.

Peeking just my eyes over the edge of the bed I stared into the eyes of woman who had hazel eyes tinged with blue if you looked close enough. These beautiful eyes just so happened to belong to my best friend/ lover. Needless to say I was speechless. Pulling the sheet up to keep from exposing her almost naked breast she looked at me as if expecting an answer.

“Huh?” I asked noticing an emotion I had never seen before in her eyes.

“I said do you regret it?” she asked me a second time with uncertainty in her voice.

Before I had the chance to answer my fantasy changed into a nightmare.

“Ryan for real that was the last time” Lala said to me as she walked out the store and into the streets still trying to fix her clothing.

“We both know it wasn’t.” I said confident that I could get her back into bed.

“Im for real I need to stop being casual and start saving myself for the man im going to marry” she said simply as if we had discussed this before.

“Which will be me.” her I told being one hundred percent serious.

“Lets face it your only good in bed I could never fall in love with you” Lala said shrugging as if she’d told me this before

“What do you mean?” I asked trying very hard to keep it together.

“After all that drama with Alex its clear you cant commit.” she said continuing to walk.

“Give me a chance” I begged

“Never will but im sure Alex will take you back” She said dismissively as she ran to stop the bus from leaving us.

Out the corner of my eye I noticed we were being watched. Being as discreet as I could I turned toward the source. There trying to hide in the building window was Alex. A flood of memories came rushing back. I thought about all the damage she had caused. All the people she had hurt. But most importantly she was the reason Lala didn’t want me. Among other reasons of course. My anger flared out of control. I heated and heated until I was a walking time bomb. I couldn’t contain the hatred I felt toward her. With one final scream I exploded. I took my life,Lala’s life, and anyone who was unfortunate enough to live in the city.  Instead of bolting upright out the dream everything faded to black except a mysterious heavenly light which I walked toward. Inside the light was the little girl.

“Great your in my dreams too” I said sarcastically

“Ryan what you saw is a glimpse of one possible future if you decide to go down that road. You need to let the anger and hatred go.” she told me before letting her light completely dim out and I was left in total darkness.

I shot up out the bed taking deep breaths. A single tear rolled down my eye which I quickly wiped away. It was only a dream.

“Ryan you ok?” I heard Lala ask then felt her hand as she began to rub my back in soothing circles.