Chapter 13

“Get out of the house” the words kept flowing through my mind.

In some way I knew it was the little girl trying to help me once again like she tried to when I was 15. Only this time it would be different. I will listen to her. I struggled to get to my feet but I couldn’t. I was definitely becoming a danger t those around me. I put my hand on the floor to try and push myself off the floor but my hand almost went straight through the floor. I was heating up and quickly. I was helpless. I looked over to the right and saw the picture of me riding my bike. I had fallen off so many times but had always gotten back up. Im a Johnson its what we did. As long as my heart beating I don’t give up. I can still remember her telling me the family motto.

“Johnson’s don’t give up until our hearts stop beating” she told me with her hand on my chest.

Knowing that I had to get out the house for her I used every bit of my strength and ran from the house. The more I ran the more energy left my body. I wouldn’t stop running. I couldn’t stop running for if I did then reality would catch up with me and cause me to have another breakdown. I ran past my house and into the surrounding woods. Probably wasn’t the best idea since I could possibly start a forest fire. I stopped to turn around in my tracks trying to avoid the forest fire but that second it took to turn around was all it took for reality to settle back in. My mom was going and possibly so was everyone else’s family. Within the minute every tree in the vicinity of me caught fire. No longer could I actually just heat up but actual flames could be seen now. Fire was coming from hands and feet. I ran deeper into the woods leaving a trail of burning trees in my path. I faintly felt the others calling for me but that didn’t stop me. It only made it worse because I now had confirmation that their family was gone too. It was becoming harder to keep control. I knew this wasn’t healthy but I couldn’t stop nor would I. I was becoming burnt out. I started to feel the worry of the others but one emotion stuck out the most. Anger. Which only made it worse I wasn’t feeling just one person’s anger but all of our anger. Out of nowhere ran poured down. Drenching me and everything I had set on fire. I was grateful and thankful. I slowed to a jogging pace and the exhaustion finally hit me. I wish I could say I manned up and went back to face my friends but that would be a lie.

“Ryann” I heard Lala call in the distance.

I barely heard her over the way the rain was coming down. It was coming down so hard that all the damage I had done was being put out. I fell to my knees and cried. If anyone asked I would say its just he rain. I just couldn’t take anymore. I just wanted to be alone. Of course that didn’t happen. Lala found me and she wasn’t in one bit fooled by the rain. She knew I was crying. Silently she walked over and held me. I could have said a couple things here. I could have said thanks. Or asked why her clothes were still dry. Or even asked about the others but no not me.

“Your breasts are very soft” I said before I could stop myself

She chuckled and called for the others. Out the woods emerged a sleek black jaguar. The rain wasn’t giving up so she was soaked too. Lala was the only one not wet. Lightening streaked through the sky and struck right near us. I jumped. Moments later it happened again only closer. I thought it never struck the same place twice. Closer and closer the lightening seem to came until Shan emerged from the center of it all. It struck him in the chest and seemed unfazed. I guess I wasn’t the only one who was upset. In his eyes I could see the struggle. He tried to stop himself but couldn’t. Electricity was all around him and lightening added to it. This is a one in a million kind of opportunity where my diarrhea of the mouth actually helped.

“Why does Shan always get the cool powers?” I blurted loudly

While everyone turned and stared at me. Shan stood chuckling. The atmosphere suddenly changed. The rain went from shooting at us to a nice soothing drizzle. The lightening stopped completely and Whitney began making a pained noise. We all turned toward her and it was obvious she was struggling to keep her shape. She had patches of human skin and fur that covered her body. Eventually she couldn’t hold the shape and she started screaming in pain.

“Whats wrong” Shan asked starting to move toward her.

“Don’t move” I yelled at him noticing the impending doom.

All around us we were being surrounding by all sorts of. You would have thought we were in a jungle. There were animals that weren’t even native to this part of the world. There were cougars, lions, wolves, gorillas, jaguars, and even baboons hanging in the trees. All were watching waiting on us to make a move. They were protecting her as if she had somehow summoned them. From the tangled bushes in from of us emerged the king of the jungle himself.

“Mufasa” I said without thinking

Almost instantly animals tightened their circle around us.

“Shut up” Lala whispered

The lion or Mufasa as I liked to call him walked up to Whitney and nudged her. She awoke with a start

“Whats going on” she asked noticing the animals for the first time

“Apparantly. You summoned a few friends” I told her indicating the circle.

She looked around confused before Mufasa demanded her full attention. For a moment Mufasa’s eyes mirrored Whitney’s and I swear an understanding passed through them. Slowly he backed away and ran. Its like just as quick as they came they left. It was pretty cool. I looked around at my temporary family and we looked like shit.

“Today has been one hell of a day” I said and headed back to the closet house.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

COMMENT VOTE SHARE

I KNOW BOTH OF THE CHAPTERS ARE SHORT THATS WHY I POSTED 2. NO NEED TO THANK ME LOL :)

ALSO ARE YOU TEAM ALEX OR LALA

WHO SHOULD RYAN END UP WITH.

LET ME KNOW

BYE FOR NOW :)