Chaper 21

I went through the motions of getting ready before I grabbed the bags and loaded the cars back up. There truly wasn’t any purpose of me unloading it in the first place. It was clearly early because the sun wasn’t even up. Which meant I shouldn’t have been up. I got in the drivers seat of the car and waited for Shan to enter the passenger seat. The passenger door opened but instead of Shan getting in Lala took his place.

“Surprised much” Lala said chuckling.

“I thought Shan was riding with me. I think I‘ve had enough girl time” I said assuming the other girls were joining.

“What if we were having best friend time instead” she said

“Ok” I said happily thankful that the other girls wouldn’t be joining

“So what‘s on your mind” I said while putting the car in gear and smoothly pulling from the lot.

“You want the heavy stuff first or last” she said giving me and option

“Heavy first. So we can laugh the rest of the way” I said never being the type to shy away from issues.

“I feel like everyone is in on some grand secret but me” she said diving head first into the issue.

“What secret?” I asked genuinely interested

“Yesterday while I was making the reservation Whitney and Alex were whispering how it was funny how I made it for Johnson and then when you Shan were arguing he mentioned a girl. Are you secretly dating Alex?” she asked me completely serious.

She had all the clues but couldn’t put them together. If only she could connect the dots and see that I was in love with her then that would make my life easy. But then again when was life ever easy for me.

“La‘Bria there is no other female in my life but you” I said truthfully

“Yeah ok” she said clearly not believing a word I said.

“Did you have fun bashing Shan last night?” I asked changing the subject

“Sure did” she said completely serious

“What happened to my best friend. You were never this serious. You use to be carefree, fun, and playful. Now a days your serious and uptight” I asked wanting to know where the change had come from

“That’s what happens when you don’t get any” she told me with a straight face.

“I offered my service already” I said causing a genuine smile to appear

“I don’t like sharing” she said

“What‘s that suppose to mean?” I asked confused

“You already have an arrangement with Alex but if you didn’t I might have considered it” she said running her hand up and down my leg suggestively.

“Seems to me like Ms. Johnson has a little freak in her” I said laughing

“Ryan Im not your sister”

“Didn’t say you were”

“You said Ms. Johnson not Mrs.” she told me pointing out my mistake.

“Oh wow big difference” I said trying to save my dignity.

“Mrs. Johnson means you put a ring on it” she said

“Well fine then Mrs. Johnson” I said putting extra emphasis on the Mrs.

“So were married now?” she asked me

“Yes” I said wishing it were true.

“Where‘s my ring” she asked holding out her empty hand.