Chapter 12

“Sorry about the engine it was the only way I could stop you’’ Shan apologized sincerely

“Don’t apologize to me. Lala is going to give you hell for this.” I told him honestly

I walked to the nearest car. It was a 2011 Toyota Camry. It was no where near as quick as Lala as Lala’s car but unfortunately it would get us from point A to point B.

"How are possibly going to get in” Shan asked from behind me

“Step away and close your eyes. This window is only tempered to a certain extent”

I placed my hand on the drivers side window and turned my face away. I willed only my hand to heat up and shatter the glass. Shortly after the glass shattered into a million pieces I put my hand in the car and unlocked the doors. I sat behind the wheel of the car and tried to think of a way to start it since hotwiring it was clearly out the question. We were wasting precious time.

“Allow me” Shan said as he reached over and popped the hood. I watched as he exited the car and began to mess with things under the hood. Moments later the car started.

“Don’t ask don’t tell” he said as he entered the passenger’s seat once again.

Soon enough we were off. The car was in a complete and awkward silence. We both knew we needed to apologize but we were both men with pride to do so. So instead we decided to act like little boys and keep quiet. I swerved onto the road where we crashed. We were almost a mile and a half from the swamp and my foot pressed harder on the gas. Half a mile later we spotted to girls walking alongside the road. We pulled up next to them and rolled down the window.

“Need a ride” I said to the girls giving them my famous half smile

They quickly loaded into the backseat and I was off once more but now in the opposite direction and a much slower pace.

“Sooo what happened” Shan asked probably tired of the silence

“We don’t know one moment we were talking on the front lawn and the next we were there” Whitney said as Lala stared out the window as if wishing she wasn’t in the car with us.

“Drop me off at my house” Lala said speaking for the first time since she entered the car.

Moments later I pulled into her driveway and I waited for her to get out. She was clearly in one of her moods.

“Where’s my car” she asked genuinely confused

“Uhhh see what had happened was…” Shan trailed off

“Ill buy you a new one” I said as Lala finally left the car

“Where am I taking you Shan” I asked Shan as I pulled from Lala driveway.

“He’s coming with me” Whitney said before he could answer

“Of course he is” I mumbled quietly or so I thought I did

“What was that ” Whitney asked

“Nothing” I said and continued the short drive to my house.

The rest of the drive was silent. When I pulled into the driveway of my house Shan and Whitney hopped out and disappeared into the thick trees of the woods. I walked into the house and couldn’t believe my eyes. Clothes littered the floor pretty much everywhere I stepped.

"Mom whats going on” I asked trying to get a sense of what room she was in.

“Ryan do me a favor and go upstairs” she said from somewhere near the kitchen or dining room.

Too tired to fight with her too I marched up the stairs and into my room. I grabbed my phone out my pocket and read the text from Lala I had gotten moments ago telling me that she was coming over to talk to me. I was well into my game of Call of Duty when Lala walked into my room with a scarred look on her face.

“Whats up” I asked her

"Nothing” she said laying on my bed.

“You sure” I said not taking my eyes off the game

“About the whole me almost killing you thing. Im sorry” she said sincerely.

I paused the game and gave her my full attention. All the good players were in school anyways.

“Its ok” I said giving her a reassuring smile

Now that the hard part is out the way I decided to do something we never really did anymore.

“Want to play with me” I asked

“Im not sure whether you mean play with you or play the game with you” she said completely serious

“Whichever you want” I said just as serious

"Ill play the game with you” she said getting up and coming over to me

She wasn’t very good at the game so we developed a system. I aimed and moved around and did pretty much everything. Only thing I let her do was press the shoot button. This was the only system that worked were we would actually get kills. I sat at the edge of the bed and Lala sat into my legs. I bent down and held the controller while she put her hand back on the trigger. This position just was comfortable to me it felt natural. I unpaused the game and we played the rest of the round until we died.

“Im going to get some water” I said suddenly needing a break

“Ill get it” she said jumping up quickly

“Your not my maid I have two feet” I told her seriously

“I know but im thirsty too” she told me still trying to insist.

“Whats going on?” I asked her

“Nothing” she said trying to discreetly block the door

“Liar” I said seeing right through the lie.

“Ryan don’t get upset” she started off that’s how I knew it was bad

"I wont” I said playing along

“Your mom may or may not be having sexual relations on the table” she told me quickly

I personally think I took the information quite well. It took a second for the information to process but when it did I think I did the right thing. I simply grabbed my metal bat and headed down the stairs. The lights were off downstairs but the bat still gave off an eerie glow from the heat running through it. I had every intention to bash his head in for touching my mom. No need to yell and get dramatic. I could be calm and possibly be arrested for attempted murder. But of course Lala my angel was looking out for me. Before we reached the bottom of the stairs she grabbed the bat from and it immediately cooled.

“Ill handle it this time” she told me with a wink.

I trusted her to handle the situation. Of course that didn’t mean I would let her do it alone. So I followed her into the kitchen to where my mom was. I made as much noise as possible. I did not want to catch my mom and Matthew in the act. We walked into the kitchen. I turned the light on to get a better look around. No one was there. I thought maybe my mom was hiding but it occurred to me that my mom wasn’t the type to play games like that. Clothes were still littered the hallway but they were no where to be found. In the kitchen Lala was reading a note left on the counter. After she finished reading she ran out the house in a hurry. I walked up to the counter that held all the “ingredients”  my mother had decided to use. There was some whip cream, melted chocolate, and strawberries. There was jello everywhere on the table. I could imagine exactly what they were doing but on second thought I didn’t want to. I couldn’t believe my mom even still had sex let alone hot, sticky, and nasty sex. Shuddering from the thought I picked the note up and read. It had four words on it. At that moment my life would change forever.

“We have your family” it read.