Chapter 19

I grabbed both sets of car keys and the room key then headed for the elevator.

“Hi” I greeted the woman who was already on there when the elevator stopped on our floor.

“You did grab the keys right?” Shan asked me patting his pockets

“Duhh” I said not sparing him a glance

“The room key too” he asked trying to be a smart ass.

“Yes” I said smugly ending our little disagreement.

As the elevator continued to descend I drifted off into my own little world where monkeys were domestic pets instead of dogs. It was quite fascinating. The ding of the elevator pulled me from that world much to my disappointment. I motioned for the lady behind us to go first then followed her out to the parking lot. I walked over to Alex’s car and popped the trunk. I looked in at all the bags that were clearly unnecessary. I would never understand the point of over packing. I looked over to Shan to comment on the many bags to carry but he wasn’t at my side. I looked toward the entrance and saw him walking over to me with the luggage cart. At least one of us thought ahead. What shocked me wasn’t that he had actually thought ahead but the woman that was on his arm. Even more shocking it wasn’t Whitney. Where as Whitney was a caramel color this girl was a golden brown. Clearly tan from the sun. It was absolutely clear that Whitney was African American almost as clear as the fact that this girl was Brazilian. Where as Whitney had subtle noticeable curves this woman had enough to share for two women and still have left overs. I secretly wanted to see how this situation would play out. It was obvious to me that she was clearly to much woman for him. She had him mesmerized. He almost walked into a car but of course she just giggled like it was cute. Eventually he made his way over to me.

“Whose your friend” I said giving her a polite smile and quick once over.

“Eva” she said in thick accent while giving me a slow and obvious once over

“Eva” Shan said trying her name out on his tongue.

I quickly loaded the bags onto the luggage cart while trying to make polite conversation. With no help from Shan of course he was too busy staring at Eva’s breast. Which she of course had on display. With the cart fully loaded I moved on to the next car and quickly loaded it with the intent to only make one trip.

“Where you going?” Eva asked me as I pushed the cart back toward the entrance.

“The room” I said walking to the elevator and pushing the button.

“Mind if I join?” she said looking hopeful

“Sure” I said tossing her a bag that kept slipping off.

“Let me get that for you” Shan said taking the bag away before she could even hold it for a full minute.

Yeah she was gorgeous but as expected she had never lifted a finger to do any work. She kind of reminded me a Paris Hilton. She was spoiled and had everything handed to her and that for me was a huge turn off. Just from looking at her I could tell she had never even done house work. I wanted a woman to be handling the garden while I mow the lawn and the kids playing in the dirt. I hated watching Shan drool over an airhead when he had a good woman upstairs. I caught the elevator and positioned the cart so I had to ride along. When I heard the ding of the elevator I pushed the cart to the room and banged on the door too lazy to pull the key out.

“Heads up” I said to Lala as I rolled the cart in.

She looked at me perplexed before she leaned her head out the door and looked down the hall to see the fastly approaching airhead with Shan.

“What are we looking out?” Whitney asked trying to look around me to see.

“Nothing important” I said grabbing her and leading her to sit on the couch.

I started to unload the cart and that’s when Shan did the biggest No-No. He invited her in.

“Eva you’ve already met Ryan but this is La‘Bria and Whitney” he said pointing at each girl

“Yeah ok” she said not even the least bit interested in them

“My father is having a dinner tonight would you guys like to join?” she asked clearly extending the invite to me and Shan only.

“No thanks” I said at the same time Ryan said sure.

“But you go ahead’ I said hoping he caught on.

“Ok ” he said not even catching on.

He continued to look at her as if she was Nicki Minaj or something. So I took it upon myself to show him the error of his ways in the cruelest way possible.

“Whitney have dinner with me?” I said loud enough for him to hear.

“No” Shan said from across the room.

“Why not you already have plans” I said looking at Eva with an obvious look

“That don’t give you permission to ask my girl out” he said taking a step toward me

“If she was really your girl you wouldn’t be flirting with Eva in front of her” I said getting loud.

“How would you like it if I asked your girl out” he said glancing in Lala direction

“Too far” I said stepping up to him till our noses were practically touching

“I don’t know whether to be turned on or stop them with all this testosterone flying around” Lala said

“I know right” Whitney agreed.

“So umm about night you still coming?” Eva asked

“Say yes and I‘ll take Whitney out and even give her dessert” I whispered for his ears only or so I thought.

“I hope dessert is a big chocolate snicker” Whitney said

Everything at this point happened in slow motion. Shan reared back and punched me square in jaw and two things happened. First the lights flickered indicating he was using his ability and second I saw stars. I staggered back before I tackled him to the ground. I could feel him trying to put up his little shield so I punched him so hard he lost concentration. I hopped off him and went to the mirror. Sometime during the struggle Eva had run off screaming. Lala rushed over to me and out her icy cold hand on the fast forming bruise.

“You ok” she asked clearly concerned.

“I‘ll live” I said pressing her hand harder on the bruise.

During the entire exchange Alex was nowhere to be found. At that moment we didn’t think nothing of it but we should have.

 +++++++++++++VOTE++++++++++COMMMENT++++++++++++SHARE