Chapter 30

I rushed to the front room and found my pants. I hurriedly put them on and searched for my wife.

“La‘Bria”

“What” she yelled from the couch.

“Since this marriage isn’t exactly real you don’t expect me to uphold my vows and stuff do you?”

“I definitely expect you to uphold your vows” she said still very pissed.

“You guys we have to go” Shan said sensing an argument about to start.

Within the next 30 minutes we were walking out the door without a peep from anyone. We walked outside and the first thing I noticed was that my car had been vandalized. On the back of the car in bold white letters were the words JUST MARRIED. I think I had married La’Bria a lot sooner than I anticipated. I stepped up to open the door for my wife and almost everyone on the sidewalk stopped to clap. On the way into the car Lala slapped me on the back of the head. It looked like an accident but I could tell it wasn’t. I ran over to the other side of the car and hopped in.

“Where to?” I asked no one in particular

“Just drive out the city then we‘ll figure out whats next” Lala said as she was leaning forward massaging her temples.

I drove and drove until I couldn’t see the lights of vegas in my rearview. I was surrounded by deserts. I pulled over off the road and waited for the other car to pull up. By now everyone had sobered up a little and ready to restart our mission. I hopped out the car and waited for everyone to join me. We had to plan our next move.

“Whats next?” Shan said looking around making sure no one followed us.

“Find my mom. Can you really do that Whitney?” I asked hopeful.

“Yes” Whitney said not looking at me.

“Then why havent you already done that” I asked stepping toward her until Lala’s hand on my chest stopped me.

“Listen to her” Lala said

“It wont be easy we‘ll have to split up” she said uneasily

“Why” I asked still not catching on.

“I could have every animal on the earth with a sense of smell looking for her but that would probably kill me.”

“How” I asked still not seeing a point.

“Ryan its hard to explain but these animals are a piece of me and if I keep splitting myself then there wont be a physical me anymore.” she explained in the best way she could.

“Whats option 2 then?” I asked sighing