I. New Beginnings and Hot Tea*

Chapter I | New Beginnings and Hot Tea

"Sweetie how would you like to go to California?" My dad asks as we eat dinner.

"As a vacation or moving to Cali?" I asked, even though already know the answer.

Oh here we go again.

"Cock doodle dooooo! Wakey-wakey sweet heart, another day ahead of you!"

The sound of my mother's chirpy voice fills the empty space in my room. And I groan as the same line repeats for the third time. My hand hits the snooze button but I know that I don't want to keep hearing that perky voice again, which the exact reason my mom set it to that alarm sound. How? I have no idea.

So I open my eyes as I sit up and swing my legs over the side of the bed to see 6:00 blaring red staring back me as I let off an aggravated sigh, stretching as I make my way to my bathroom to freshen up.

Not much like your average seventeen year-old to be up so early on a school day, unless of course you are someone who is way too in love with school. But I would hate to be that new girl who is late on her first day of school. I've had it happen at least three times.

We've only moved about a billion times, and I can assure you that we'll probably live in all fifty states before I am twenty-one.

"Quick call the doctors, my daughter is up before 6:30 on her first day of school! She must be sick! I am just messing around with you, Ladybug." My dad says while ruffling my thankfully not bushed hair yet as I breeze pass him.

The nickname comes from the time I caught ladybugs every night for two weeks when I was ten, which made my dad decide to call me that. I've tried to explain to him that I've out grown it, but I am a daddy's girl after all.

" Ha ha, you are hilarious. The last thing I want is to be late new girl again. You've seen them in the movies, walks into the classroom and all eyes are on her and suddenly the teacher acts like she's the most important subject and make her introduce herself and it all goes down hill for her, Yeah, that isn't what I am going for. I am going to be on time, find my classes, and make sure to lay low. " He chuckles, as I softly hit his shoulder, grabbing an apple in front of him.

"Good thing we aren't in a movie then,huh?" Though sometimes I wish I were.

I look to the coat rack besides the door and notice only two hangs there, signifying that my mother isn't home yet.

Yes, I mean yet. As a trauma surgeon, you rarely get up for work or get home. You are always at work. This is how it has been for as long as I can remember. It's not like she is not always home. We all have our different schedules and majority of the time home at different times. It's only been a few days in Beacon Hills but the hospital wasted no time calling in my mother.

"Mom still saving lives, huh?" I ask as I pour my green tea in a thermos. Best way to start my day is a hot cup of tea, in this case thermos full of tea.

My dad scoffs a bit, " Never stops." He laughs at the thought of bearing a married life with a surgeon.

"Oh, dad I'd figure you'd be use to it. I got to jet, if I am fitting in than I need to make sure I look like I know what I am doing. Love you!" Quick kiss on the cheek and I am up the stairs to attempt to find a decent looking outfit.

First impressions are really important to me, I hate to show up at place and be sticking out like a sore thumb. And since every place is different, I've always had a hard time to fitting in-- not like I really want to be noticed. But things like how to get to know people, what to wear, how to talk, etc. has been rough. Hopefully with whatever I come up with will be enough for people in Beacon Hills to like me.