III. You Got Me Like*

Chapter III | You Got Me Like

My eyelids droop for the 3rd time since the class has begun and that was only half an hour ago.

When Stiles told me good luck, he meant it. Harris clearly finds more interest in this class, though all he has been going on about is the syllabus.

Before I know it, my ears drown out the sound of his voice and I wander my eyes across the classroom.

So many students aren't paying attention, though it's not like this is much importance. I slowly pivot my head to lurk my eyes to the side of me. My eyes find Scott, who seems very interested in what Harris is saying for about five seconds and then he sees me, seeing him.

My eyes quickly avert and I try my hardest to make it look like I'm staring at the ceiling. God, that's embarrassing.

"Ahem, Miss Granger. I don't know how they teach where you are from, however here at Beacon Hills High School, students are required to listen to the teacher." Harris states loud and clear. All the students turn to stare at me.

"Got it." I pursue my lips as I mentally slam my head on the table.

For the rest of class, Harris spoke of many great Literacy works. He even spoke about one of my favorites "To Kill A Mockingbird". But when he speaks, he s p e a k s.

And enjoying my class on my first day, especially have Harris in a row, seems unlikely.

"Now to kick start your senior year, we a have a project due in a week. Pick a literature author from the 19th century and write a report on a work of his/hers. We'll head to the library and you'll choose you partners and author. First come, first serve." Harris announces as the class begins to gather their items and head out the door.

People bumped and shoved as we all flooded out of the classroom, irritants.

"Hi." Scott says to me, appearing besides me.

Before I can reply, a knot forms in my throat and nothing but a squeak comes out. I look away nervously as he chuckles while adjusting his backpack straps.

"Uh, sorry. I do not know what that was...hi." I finally say to him with a smile to follow. I am trying to restrain myself from blushing hardcore right now. Though, I already feel my cheeks burning mildly.

We walk in silence for a few seconds before his picks up the conversation.

"Would you want to be partners for the report?" He comes out straightforward, to which he mimicks my action not to long ago when I squeaked. His cheeks flush red as he looks away from me. I can't help but laugh at how cute he is.

"Yes, I would like that." I say, thankfully, smoothly. He smiles softly, holding the library door open for me and bits his bottom lip.

*Internal scream*

Scott and I scan the American Literature section for any interesting picks. We have a few so far, the books piling in our arms.

"So how are you adjusting to California? The heat any different from Oregon?" His voices fills the air in a whisper.

"Uh, you're asking me about he weather?" I chuckle a bit but proceed to answering." It's different but nothing I haven't been around before. Like I said, we've moved a lot for naturally I am immunity to sun's rays and winter's frigid nights." His laugh comes on loudly which earns us a shush from the librarian and Harris.

I silently laugh at him for being so darn cute.

"That's beneficial. Um, you mentioned you mom works at the hospital, tell me about it?" Scott says to me as we pile a few more books and head to a vacant table.