XXV. Shots Have been Fired

Later that night, when my parents came home I explained everything to them. Everything about Jackson, why the coffee table was shattered and why I have a few gashes on my arms. But as concerned and worried as they were, it also was surprise to them that I found a loophole around this all. Able to be on the inside, know what's coming next, they couldn't be more proud. But still very worried at the same time.

" Hey sweetie, getting ready for bed?" My mom had stepped into my room, as I was throwing the extra pillows on the ground.

" Yep, just about to hop in. Need something?" I asked curious, she's never really checked on me before bed. It stopped when I started middle school.

" Oh no no, just wanted to see if all was good with my baby. Gosh, feels like yesterday I was tucking you into bed, reminding you that there aren't any monsters under the bed or in the closet because your father and I would protect you from anything," she caressed my cheek, as I chuckled a bit. Emotional parent " just like everyone else here is doing for you. You've got some amazing friends- that vow to stand by your side through it all. And a charming boyfriend- he'd rather die than let anyone hurt you." She smiled kindly at me, being oblivious to the fact that Scott and I were no longer together.

"Yeah, I'd say i'm pretty lucky to have them. Although your last sentence isn't exactly accurat, Scott and I aren't together anymore." I gave a half smile, hearing those words come out of my mouth again didn't even seem real to me.

"What?! What do you mean? You two were so in love with each other, what happened? Oh goodness what am I saying- are you okay, sweetheart?" her utterly shocked face had switched into her normal comforting face.

" Haha, yes I'm okay. I think I'll be fine in the the time being. Clearly we both feel a lot towards each other. But it's my fault, I stupidly developed feelings for Jackson, a tiny bit of me yearns for his presence. But nothing can compare to how I feel about Scott. He's mines, I actually have boyfriend, someone who like you said will die trying to protect me, and I go a screw it up by doing this to him." She kissed my forehead and reminded me that true love prevails, and I believe her.

After a few more moments, I fell into a deep slumber, and dreamnt of one of my favorite moments with Scott, only a few weeks prior from today.

Today, Scott, Stiles and I had our history exam. And it completely killed us, we'd been up the previous night studying our butts off. History being my strongest subject, the exam completely threw me off, I hadn't expected any of it. So I sat therepraying that when I get it back, my parents won't kill me.

"Ugh about buzz kill," I had said after Scott and I finally reached my house " I was having a good day until we took that exam, I barely knew a thing" I complained all while pulling out the components to make a rewarding ice cream sundae.

" I'm sure you did fine. you always do." I looked over at him, flashing him a full blown smile, and him shooting back a menacing smile.

" Yeah, well we'll know tomorrow if so." I was all too distracted with Scott a few feet away from me to even be fustrated with the exam.

Putting the chocolate sundae together for me and the strawberry sundae for Scott, he had disappeared, and before I had a chance to call out, I heard the stereo start playing "My Girl" and I couldn't help but laugh into my hands. One of my faves, and he knows how much to song gets me all jittery and smiley. His way of getting my mind of the exam, well it's working.

" I got sunshineeeeee! on cloudlydaaaay," he came strolling in, with a whisk in on hand, singing along, throwing some cute moves in as well. I couldn't help laugh at how silly but adorable he looked. He made his way over to me, I held in my laughter but it was no use.