XXVI. Shots Have been Fired (part 2)

The amount of panic I was feeling couldn't be described. He had them, he had my parents on the verge of death. For lord knows how long, and here I am having sex with Scott. I quickly got out of bed to change, trying to waste no time.

"I know you're worried, but you have to stay calm okay? We'll find them." Scott's comforting words weren't working at this moment, nothing will comfort me until my parents are safe.. and Liam is dead.

" I can't stay calm Scott! I won't waste time trying stay calm!" I pulled his wrist as we exited my room, racing down the stairs.

But of course, Scott wasn't about the drive us to the scene without some kind of plan. The whole gang was in front of the entrance of the Preserve.

Allison equipped with her bow, Stiles with his bat, Lydia with her brain, and Isaac with his claws. And me, just a helpless panicking human. Even if just a few days ago they'd found out I'd been lying to them about Jackson, they were still here for me.

" Her parents are in here, somewhere. I don't know if it's some kind of trick but we have to find them soon. I'm not risking any of us getting hurt, " he grabbed my cold hand, and held it tightly as he went on, " so we're all sticking together okay?"

As we're about trot through the preserve, Stiles spoke up.

" Woah, wait wait. Scott.. Camie.. Are you two back together?" he was utterly shocked, everyone's attention had fallen to our interlocked hands. Scott and I had looked at each other, and smiled.

" Uh, yeah we are bro."

" Wha- Wooohooooo!" He was quirky, his spasm had made me feel slightly better, but it didn't take long before the idea of my parents missing had let my heart sink deeper into the pit of my stomach.

Hand in hand, Scott and I led the way. We had no idea where to look, there were tons of cliffs. It'd be smarter to split up, but it would be too risky. His men could be scattered throughout the Preserve.. But splitting up could also way more beneficial.

Soon night began to fall, and we'd only cover so much land.

" Guys, this isn't working. I think we should split up, it's the best way to cover more ground and we waste any more time my parents could be dead already." The thud my heart sounded, causing Scott's hand to tightened around mines. " I know it's risk-"

" Well what are you waiting for? let's split up and find your parents.' Allison's speaking up kind of been a surprise to me. But she is also Chris' daughter. Both who know bravery and leadership very well! Scott had to be talked through more thoroughly, he didn't want any of us hurt. After a few more minutes, we each made our separate ways. Lydia with Stiles, Allison with Isaac, and myself with Scott.

" Why... why does this have to be happening. I just want a normal life for once." I'd broke the silence, I wanted to just crumple amd cry, but showing weakness won't be an option right now. It shouldn't be an option anymore actually. I had to stop these occasional breakdowns, worry shouldn't be my in my life anymore.

" Normal is out of the question for you babe. You're more like extraordinary, a normal life would be too plain for you." He comforted me with a caress of my cheek, as we continued our search.

As we looked and failed, my mind clicked. They have to be at the cliff the over looked Beacon Hills, before I could tell Scott my thought my feet had already been racing towards the area. I haven't ran this fast ever, I had left Scott in the dust and finally got to my destination. However, my parents weren't hanging over the ledge, they laying in the dirt with cuts, bruises, blood all over their body.

"Mom! Dad! oh my god," I sped by their sides, kneeling down besides them trying to hold myself together.

"babygirl.. you.. You found us." my mom said barely a whisper, and holding myself together was too much.