XXIX. Sharp Knife of a Short Life

"Babygirl.. you.. you found us."

"Babygirl.. you. you found us."

That sentence was replaying in my head over and over again, it was the only thing I could think of. It was the last words my mother said to me. No matter how hard I tried to ignore it, no matter how much I tried to block it out, nothing seemed to work. Whenever I'd shut my eyes to sleep or just for a second of the day, those words replayed in my head like a broken record.

"You need to eat something." Chris' voice had sounded through my haze, we sat in the hospital cafeteria. My plate had been untouched, and his was wiped clean. Eating wasn't my main priority at the moment. Although it should be, I just couldn't hold anything down. It wasn't a psychological thing where my mind was telling me that I couldn't or didn't want to eat. Physically my body won't hold food or liquid down.

" Yeah I know, I had ramen earlier, I actually kept that down. I'll try to eat tonight, I promise." I smiled weakly at Chris, who just stared at me.

He could see it too.

My tough interior, that I'd been gradually creating, starting to crack as each minute goes by. I'd sworn to myself, about five hundred times to stop being the whiny little girl I use to be not too long ago. To stop crying so much, to stop thinking of the worst, to quit hiding behind others when I become too scared to face reality myself. Of course here and then I'd stop from pretending I'm okay. But I could never commit to being stronger like I keep saying I will, I'm a paradox.

It'd had been 3 days since my mothers passing, and since then I've stayed in the hospital with my dad. Out of the both of us, he was mildly affected by my mothers death. He hasn't spoken since, barely eaten, and hasn't looked at me or anyone else. Which makes Chris and myself very worried, hunters aren't suppose to be this affected by death , of a loved one especially,  they are taught to be strong, to build their walls high. So in any circumstances they are able to get up, dust themselves off, and keep moving forward.

" Good you need to eat, I'm gonna check on Allison ok? I'll come back to check on you guys tonight." He stood, grabbed his coat, gave me a quick kiss on the forehead and took off. I sat there for a second, when I finally recooperated all my thoughts, I finally got up and made my way towards the elevators.

As I waited, I heard a familiar voice quietly say my name.

"Lydia?" I was surprised to see her here, she was one of those that shunned me after finding out I kissed Jackson. And it was 11 AM, during school hours.

" Hi, I thought it'd be a good idea if I come and bring you some of your work that you've missed. With us so close to graduation, missing classes are becoming crucial." She pursed her lips together like she always does.

Graduation.

It's literally only a week away, 7 days to be exact, our final exams are in two days, and I've skipped three days of learning. It was strange that it'd already came this quickly, It felt as if yesterday I was just moving to Beacon Hills and getting ready to start the school year. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

" Thank you," I reached over to her, and grasped the manila folder, textbooks, and my backpack from her " I was meaning to ask Chris to get my missing work for me. Leaving this building has been a struggle." I softly smiled to myself.

It was silence and very awkward, so I pushed the button for the elevator before it got anymore awkward.

"Wait, I'm sorry." She let out a sigh and shut her eyes. " I'm sorry for acting the way I did to you in the hallway. It was wrong for me to, and I guess I was jealous in that moment and hurt that you still did what you did, even after I told you that I still might feel something for him. I haven't seen in since he left, and for a moment I thought maybe he'd come back and we'd be together." She sat down on the lounge chair and planted her face in her palms. My heart ached for her, I learned that Jackson use to be a total Jackass, he didn't care about anyone but himself, and his porsche. He barely thought twice about Lydia, but she always saw it differently. No matter how badly he treated her, she still loved him through it all. 

"I'm sorry too!" We embraced each other in a hug, and felt like I could breath again, it was awful knowing that she or any of my friends were upset with me, the rest still were but in time I know we'd all be friends again.

"But sweetheart, you can't wait for someone who isn't asking you to wait for them. I understand that you loved him in a way like no one has loved before and I find it really beautiful  that you did. But I think it be even more beautiful if you let go, so you can find someone better. Worth fighting for you know?" I spoke to her with an arm wrapped around her shoulders, and she nodded in agreement.

" And maybe possibly try to find guys that are completely in love with you and would give you the time of day/week/month/year/ LIFE! Need I go on?" By now she was laughing up a storm and I couldn't hold back.

" Sound like a Stiles Stilinski to you? I'll consider it. Do your work and be back in school tomorrow! We have graduation practice coming up!" She whinked at me, and walked out of the hospital,it is such a relief to be in touch with Lydia again.

And after 3 days of being cooped up in th hospital with my dad, I finally returned to school. I couldn;t like the thought of my friends not liking me atm stop me from freely walking around campus. Went through it once, and it was ridiculous.

Upon reaching into my locker, my phone buzzed. I was kind of early to school, to talk to my teacher and turn in missing work.

TEXT FROM SCOTTY ♥ :

Can you meet me by the bleachers? Wanna talk

I hesitated to reply but I did anyways.

Today was slightly windy, and I was waiting for about 10 minutes when he finally showed up. We both seen each other but nothing was said, he sat next to me in silence, and I was gonna break the silence but he beat me to it.

S: "How's your dad doing?"

C: " He's doing okay, physically speaking he is progressing quickly but emotionally he's heartbroken."

He nodded in responsed with pursued lips.

C: " So what'd you wanna talk about?"

S:" Us."

I kept my gaze on the field in front, this was so similar to our conversation just last week.  It was the exact same except last time I didn't kiss Jackson..

" It goes without saying that I am in love with you, and I really wanna spend everyday with you and all, so on. And I'm so grateful for you but we both know how much pain we've been through. And I honestly think it'd be better, like you've said, to call it quits. Spend time apart, to figure things out and to let things cool down between us." My heart warmed because I couldn't agree more.

My smile spread as his did.

" I think that sounds like a good idea." 

" I will always love you Camille Granger." He stared at me, and gave me his million dollar smile.

" And I will always love you Scott McCall." With one last grin he got up and walked back to school.

In this moment, there was no pain, saddness, or regret for agreeing. Scott and I are offically broken up, and I'm okay with it.

Short chapter, I know! Sorry, orginally this was titled "Numb" but then I wanted to just post " Destined" already and was gonna incorporate this and that chapter but took a differet route instead, and bc y'all were dying for a chapter to be up, this is just a quick upload.

But Scott and Camie are offically broken up.. and sad to say.. for the rest of the story. SORRY!!

ATTENTION:

Wanna know what's going down in the next chapter already? Read ahead:

❊ Camie discovers something shocking, that drives her to the edge.

❊Graduation is around the corner

❊Camie meets her fate

So I can assure you guys I won't take a week to update next ;p It'll be in a day or two, I swear this time, like forreal swear!

but pleaaaaaase comment!! 10+ votes and comments? please, I love reading them so much! LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Also big big big big thank you for 80k+ reads and 1.8k votes, love you all so much.