VI. What Just Happened?*

Chapter VI | What Just Happened?

Study hall is still in session as I enter the library and plop myself down in a empty cubicle. I sit and hit my forehead to the desk. Of all the places I move to, this is the one that gives me problems. I have never run into problems like this, ever. So of course, I had no idea what to say but I just said it anyways. I like Scott, Allison hasn't gotten over him, she threatened me to stay away... what just happened?

I could talk to Stiles about this, since talking to Scott is way out of line. In fact, avoiding Scott should probably be on my schedule until I figure out how the hell to deal with Allison. Within the 45 minutes left of free time, I finish the draft to Harris' Literature assignment, that again includes Scott, who I want to avoid. Which will be a little problem considering he is in my history class that I have next. Yippie.

Thankfully, when I get into class, Scott and Stiles are in a deep enough conversation to not notice me walking in and choosing to sit at the empty desk in the front row. For about half and hour, I went unnoticed, til I feel a balled up piece of paper hit the back of my head and hear little laughs from the class. When I turn, I see Scott face palming himself and Stiles awkwardly smiling and waving to look at the paper.

Why are  you up there? :(

I'll tell you after class meet me at my car

I cover my pen and scrunch it back up, ready to fly it back but I look up to see the teacher with her arms crossed and looking at me with amused expression, her hand out for the paper. She opens it up and reads it aloud, "Why are you up there? Sad face. I'll tell you after class meet me at my car. Ms. Granger, who would shall this note go back to? Hm?"

"Me, it's suppose to go back to me." Scott says with his hand up and I look at him, who looks at me and gives me a small smile. I turn forward in my chair and curse myself silently. Why did he take the blame for Stiles? True definition of bestfriends.

She balls up the notes and flings it in the trash, " No need to meet at her car for whatever you two were going to talk about or do," Jeez, does this woman enjoy embarrassing her students? Bad enough she has to open her mouth and talk history all period long. "You can meet her in detention, where you'll both volunteer to help our lovely librarian stock returned books."

Joy.

...

Scott and I were personally escorted to the library to commence our hour long detention. I have never gotten detention because I never had an idiot friend who couldn't wait until after class to ask me a question. Then again, I'd probably would have been put of there in two shakes once the bell rang.

We were given 4 loads of push carts to haul and put the books back in there rightful place. Of course, we were separated, thankfully. And for ten minutes, I think I can get through this and escaped having to talk to Scott, until I see hi, sneak across and walk into my aisle.

"We'll get in trouble if we get caught." I say, reaching to put a book away. Not that I was struggling, but Scott using his height as an advantage to push it in. Thanking him, I pick up two random books, since I organized them to categories and number to be faster, and walk out the aisle and up the stairs.

He follows with some in his arms, " I know, but sorry about Stiles getting in trouble. Had he gotten detention again, coach probably would have kicked him off the team. So I took the blame, if you are wondering."

"How nice of you to do." Quick and short, make him feel awkward, and he'll leave you. Yeah, it'll work. "So," He starts talking again and I blink hard. This avoiding thing is hard when the other person doesn't know they are being avoided.

"Yo!" Stiles pops out of nowhere, making me jump and earning a shh!  from Mrs. Roberts. He has his big 'ol cheesy smile on his face until he sees mines and it falters. This boy may be an idiot but he isn't entirely stupid. "Sorry about getting you in detention. And you, bro. No hard feelings, right?"

I roll my eyes, patting his shoulder as I walk back to the cart. They both follow me and I turn to stop them from doing so, "We're kind of in detention Stiles, maybe you shouldn't be here and Scott maybe you should follow me unless we both want more time in here."

"Okay? Great." A smile on my face and I turn on my heel and relax my face from the fake smile to get back to my pile to finish up on.

"Is it just me or did she seem like she is trying to avoid us?"

"Seems like it."

...

I finally get to escape the hellhole once the hour is up. Scott is on the backside of the library, giving me a good escape time frame. However, once I am out of the door, I bump into the one and only Stiles Stilinski.

"Hi there!" He smiles and I smile back, though like I said not entirely stupid, "You're ignoring us. So spill as we head to your car." Stiles loops his arm in mines and pulls me along with him. I will never escape this wrath, will I? "Com'n, you gotta talk. You said you'd tell me later and guess what? It's later!"

"I also said meet me at my car. I have to stop at my locker, so I'll see you there!" My arm detaches from his and I turn left to head to my stop as he keeps going like he is on some kind of mission. I make fast and not bumping into Scott or Allison. Like I told him to, Stiles is leaning against my car, waiting for me.

My car beeps as I press the unlock button which causes him to jump and land in karate position. The scene makes me laugh as I head over and open my backseat car door and flinging my backpack in, "That's payback for the library."

"Ha ha, so what's got ya so crazy that you choose to sit in the seat that only the teacher's pet sits in, though I don't think you qualify to be that considering you--"

"Do you know how to stop rambling? I would tell you if you did." He pretend to zipper his mouth and throw away the key. I walk over next to him and lean against the car," I sat up front because I didn't want to sit next to Scott. And I didn't want to sit next to Scott because during study hall I had a little chit chat with your friend Allison. Who basically told me stay away from Scott or else."

He stares blankly into space with his mouth open, "What a bitch. But you're actually listening to her and you are staying away?"

"God no, but until I build the courage to tell Scott about it, I needa stay away before I bring it on too strong. Just please, help Scott stay away from me, please?"