XXIII. Break Me, Just don't Hate Me

There are times in life where you do without thinking of the outcome, and in those moments you can find who you really are. And right know I learned that I'm a coward. I do wrong can't find myself to confess up to it.

Scott and I stood face-to-face in the library, Stiles close by. The look his face was displaying was complete and utter hurt. He knows that his own girlfriend is feeling something for another guy. All I wanted was to find a way to keep to Scott and the rest of my loved ones safe, and this was the perfect way to but it became something I didn't expect it to be..

"Can you tell me how to conversation went Stiles?" Scott asked, looking at me directly in the eyes, just moments ago Scott had his lips to my forehead, a sensation that makes me weak, and right now I stood a stranger to him, one he probably thinks disgusts him. " You were right about one thing though, she does keep things. Something we were all missing." If hurt could be a person it'd be Scott right now, and all I want is to be in the woods again so I could scream for Chris to get me instead of standing and talking to Jackson, right now I regret everything I ever did from that day.

" Look bro, I'm just trying to look out for you but I don't want to be stuck in between any of this." He held his hands in defensive, but the look Scott gave him didn't take long to for him to start talking.

" Okay, okay. Umm well one second Camie and I were talking on the phone and then it was silent. I thought maybe the call got cut short but then I heard her and someone else's voice. I recognized it as Jackson than heard what he said about Liam getting ready for the fight. But when Camie spoke to him I could hear it in her voice, " he looked at me apologetically, and I knew in this moment I was about to lose Scott forever, that it's over. And I can only blame myself, I made sure to avoid any eye contact with Scott. " the way she talked to him sounded like the way she talked to you before you two offically started dating, but more exult. She sounded so whole whenever she'd talk to him. I he-heard her tell him.. uh- tell him that he's like her personal portable fireplace. And I'm guessing they were hugging when she said that." He finished and we all stood there in the worst possible silence, and as each second passed by, I could bear it.

" I'm sorry," my voice has echoed, I had completely hurt the one person who would try any possible way to keep me safe. I hurt him in a way that i don't think he'll heal from anytime soon. I know if I had found out my boyfriend was feeling something for another girl I would be outraged! But there are 3 different ways to feel when in a situation like this 1) pissed off 2) completely hurt 3) shattered and by the look on his face he was beyond any of those feelings. " Stiles can I talk to him alone please?" He nodded his head and mase his way out of the library, I walked over to Scott, grabbed him by his wrist and pulled him into aisle of Literature.

" Do you know why I pulled you into this aisle?" I asked him, as he looked at the book shelves around us.

" It's where we shared our first offical kiss." He said while letting out a sigh, and kept his head low. it warmed a place in my heart the he remember it was this exact spot.

"Exactly, it's where you emotionally told me that cared for me. Hey- look at me," I lifted his chin roughly too get his eyes looking into mines " and even before-hand all you wanted to do is protect me, make sure that I'm never in harms way. I can't think of words to say to thank you for that. To have someone put my life before theirs is so unbelievably amazing but I can only go so far by just letting you put yourself in danger. So sneaking around with Jackscon was my one chance to help, to give me something to do. To protect everyone else I care about, to protect you. Now I know it's wrong to admit but I do feel something, some sort of thing for Jackson BUT I don't feel what I feel towards you. I don't want his arms around me, tight around my waist causing me to tip toe, nor do I constanly think about him. About if he is safe or not riding a stupid motorcycle, I don't think about spending the future with him, you are the only one I think about in that sense. I know how much this may have hurt you but Scott when I say I feel for only you, I mean it 100%. Everything I do, and think, feel, want is YOU. I promise you this." We keep our fingers twined together the entire time I spoke, he kept head low, and I felt the reassurement that he loved me, I know how bad this hurt him and how stupid I am but I meant what I said to him.

" I care a great deal for you Camille Avery Rose Granger, from the day I met you, I always said to myself ' She'll be mines someday.' And I got the chance to be yours and I took it on spot. Even though our relationship is occur during all of this craziness my feelings haven't changed for you. But. " my heart had dropped at the one word, my expression on my face had instantly dropped to worried " what I'm hearing from you is that you care for me as well but you also feel something for Jackson no matter how much you feel for me. No one should have to worry if his girlfriend feels more for another guy, and I can't be worrying about this, especially not now. I can't be with someone like that." He has stared at me as my eyes welled up. He looked down at our hands ans he pulled his hands out of my grasp, and that's when my tears had spilled over. It was offival, this was Scott's way of breaking up with me.

I felt him reach to the back of my neck, and he placed his lips in my forehead. I heard him sniffle to realize that he too was crying, I knew this couldn't be any easier for him. And with the linger forehead kiss.. he left. He walked away from me, he'd just walked away with no words and I Instantly crumpled.

...

I had skipped going to class, one reason being Scott was in that class and we'd just broken up. I sat in my car. thinking about how idiotic I am. I hated myself so much at that moment. I remember living in Utah, and a girl who'd gone to school with me, was telling me about her and her boyfriend. How they'd do anything for each other. And I couldn't help but think that when it came to having a bf for myself, I'd love him with all my heart and be 100% committed. But look at me now! I was got red-handed feeling for another guy..

A knock on my passenger side window pulled me from my deep thought, standing with a small smile was Stiles.

"Hey, you weren't in class." He slid into the seat and closed the door behind him. He kept his eyes in me, studying me closely.

" You and Scott broke up, didn't you?" He looked down and away from me, and my tears started to build up again. A shriek escaped my lips as I crashed my red face into the palms if my hands. I felt his arms wrap around my shoulders, I leaned in and sobbed even harder.

" hey, hey, I'm so sorry about this.. I didn't mean for any if this to happen Camie. He just needed to know. I'm so sorry." he rubbed my back soothingly, which helped my sobbing to simmer down. As I just held myself in his arms the hiccups started.

" I had no intention of any of this happening. But like I told Scott I don't feel anything major towards him, I don't feel for Jackson the way I feel for Scott. Yes, I feel something but not nearly as much as I feel for Scott. What am I saying? That sounds ridiculous.." I shook my head and fiddled with the necklace, Scott got me for our 3 month anniversary, in my shaky hands.

"I love him Stiles. I'm completely in love with Scott McCall.."

Here it is!! Scott + Camie = broken up!! :(

How do you feel about that?

Do you think Scott was reasonable to break up with her?

VOTE! COMMENT! FAN!