V. I'm Calling A Foul*

Chapter V | I'm Calling A Foul

It took me awhile to accept that I'd be moving to California, though I have done it literally a hundred times. You don't ever get use to something like that, you just smile and pretend you are okay with it. Eventually, you start to believe that you are fine and go on like nothing's bothering you.

Believe me, moving constantly bothered me more than I can say.

I didn't grow up normally, I didn't get to experience fun. Though I have a lot to thankful for, the privilege my parents are giving me but privilege interfered majorly. I never got the chance of settling. We've never settled in a place before. Even 6 months into Portland, we had still lived out of boxes, we always have. It's just been easier that way.

So when I got home after a wondrous night, you could only imagine my reaction seeing my parents unpacking boxes.

"Um, am I dreaming or are you two actually unpacking?" I ask as I set my purse down, feeling enthralled at the sight.

A smug look spreads across my mom's face as she looks to my dad, "Should you tell her or should I?"

My brows furrow, they aren't about to say those dreaded words are they?

"This is it, we've found home." My dad says as his arm wraps around my mom's shoulder.

Those words are foreign to me so it took me a few before giving my parents a reaction they were hoping for. When I finally digested the words, I squeal in excitement and jump in their arms.

And after a swell night with Scott and the rest of the gang and tonight's good new, you can only imagine my excitement for the what's to come.

✗✗✗

I really wanted to call Scott and tell him about my permanent stay in Beacon Hills, but I decided to wait in person to tell him. This means so much more than just finally being able to enjoying myself but I'm going to be able to have friends and build a possible relationship with Scott.

Though we were already texting all weekend long and he did ask if he could call me at one point, which totally made me squeal, I'm still so nervous to be around him. But find myself looking for him waiting by his locker.

He didn't seem to be near, so I headed to mines and shot him a couple a texts that I wanted to hang before classes started. Again, I got no reply and it kind of killed my vibe. It's only a few minutes until Harris' class starts, so I open my locker to retrieve my Chem book.

"Oh my goodness, you startled me." My hand clutching my chest as Allison stands right beside me, not saying a word at all.

She gives me a slight smile, tightening her grip on her textbooks and looking down at her feet.

"Um, do you think I could talk to you?" She says quietly.

"Yeah, sure. I can meet you after first bell-" She cuts me off by stepping closer and looking at me dead in the eye.

"No, I want to talk now."

I look to her, with a weird look plastered across my face, I don't understand what can be so important that she needs to be in my face like this.

Before I can tell say anything, the bell blares.

"I have Harris, I can't miss. I'll meet with you afterwards." I give a slight squeeze on her forearm and breeze past her.

Definitely curious on what she wants to talk about, considering at the ice rink she basically gave me the silent treatment.

Stiles appears besides me as I enter the classroom, "Hey kitty." He nudges my side as I giggle on contact, I am beyond ticklish.