XI. And You Sort of Snuck up on Me

Waking up after finding out you have been a possible target your entire life, it tends to cause tension, alertness, being jittery. But I wake at five a.m to go for a run in Beacon Hills Peserve. Call me crazy, but last night's occurrences changed me. I wasn't gonna be afraid that some psychopath alpha wants me dead for his pack's wrong doings. He killed my sister and family and if he finds out I exists I'm dead? I'm more pissed than afraid.

The cold air stung my airway as I huff and puff running on the crunchy leaves, with the sky still dark, and most of the town still asleep it felt amazing to be on my own. To be out of the house, away from the people who were strangers to me, completely two different people I was raised by.

As I make my was onto the roads, my pace slows and by breaths drew deeper. For a person that is well in shape, and only one-hundred thirty pounds, I got tired fairly quick. I come up on a street and notice, a black honda civic. My fathers. Mhm, more secrets being kept? This time I didn't bother to try hide behind a bush and listen. I walk right up to him, who was talking to someone else. Chris and Allison Argent, great.

"Camille. What are doing up and out at this hour?" My dad looks at me as both Argent's attention were turned to me.

"Went for a run, isn't obvious?" My words have been coming more harsher than I intend them to, but apart of me is still very hurt.

"You shouldn't be alone-" My hand in his face stops him mid-sentence. I know what lecture is coming.

" I already know, because it's dangerous. Everywhere I go could be a possible trap. Dad, I don't need to hear what I've been hearing my entire life. Just because I'm aware a pissed off alpha werewolf could be the bane of my exsistance doesn't mean I have tip toe around every corner." I have three pairs of wide eyes looking at me. Astonished at  what I said.

" Oh don't give me that look Allison. You probably knew from the beginning that I was in this trouble. So when you noticed my attraction towards Scott you couldn't wait til I found out what was going on. You thought it was a perfect way to frighten me. So you can watch me suffer right? Be scared, be afraid to even leave my house. That way, I won't have anyway to Scott right? Cause your the jealous ex-girlfriend that can't seem to move on," by now I was inches from her, jsut like when she threatened me. Seeing hurt in her eyes brought relief to me.

Now the roles are in reverse. It's all because of her. She's the reason I held myself back from Scott. " How did that relationship end huh? Was you who broke it off? or was it him? I can see why he would end it, you're a crazy bitch."

"Camille, that's enough." My father's voice booms.

"Whatever, I don't have time for people like you." I start walking away, unable to realize that what said was most likely uncalled for. But there was another part of me that didn't care if what I said was terrible.

Never in my life would I have expected myself to have this attitude towards anyone.

7:30 AM

I just got to school, and immediately regretted getting up for a run. I sit in my car waiting for the bell to ring, when I hear a knock on my window. To my surprise it is Allison. 

" Need something?" I ask after I wined my window done, not the first person I want to see at school, or anywhere esle.

 "Um I was wondering if you and I could talk, girl to girl?" In all honesty she'd looks desperate, let's see how this goes.

I wound up my window and hesitate to even go to with, this take not to long ago I actually had fear of this girl who I just discovered was a werewolf hunter -Werewolves exists. I'm still having a hard time processing that- but I get out and lean against my car. Waitimg for to something to be said, before I decide to walk away.