XIV. We're All in this Together

It was a really cold night, and the wind had my tree branches hitting the house for the past 20 minutes. Ugh and I have a chemistry exam tomorrow morning... great. I got out of bed, and the wood creeked underneath my feet, and the cold wood brought me immediate goose bumps. The clock on my dresser blared 11:23, I hadn't expected my mom to be home. Nowadays she's working til 2 in the monring.

"Dad?" I peeped into my parents room, to find it completely empty.

It wasn't like him to not be home, especially without letting me know, and it's strange because meet ups usually end  but 9:45, I hope he isn't hiding anything from me again, it would kill me if he were to be.

Could he..? No, he wouldn't go throught those weeks of us not talking again,

Remember he kept it from you, to keep you safe. He'd rather have you not talk to him  than dead Camille. A voice in the back of my head says to me.

I ignore any thoughts and try to fall back asleep on the couch but I can't, just then I hear my phone buzz.

Daddy;

bby pls stay inside, be home soon     love you

I read the text, and all thoughts came dashing at me. Why would I be out this late on a school night? Where is he? Why can't I go out? It is a threat if I set foot outside? I needed answers, which what my dad fails to give me until later.

I looked over to my front door to see it was unlocked, paranoia took over me instantly. I walked over to go ahead and lock to stop myself from worrying so mucn. Just as I reached for the door handle, the doorbell rang. I stood frozen in place and my heart dropped so low into my stomach I didn't know if I was able to move. The bell rang again, and I slowly backed up. I was scared senseless, what if it was the alpha whose after me? what if he found me..?

The power cut off, and I stood in complete darkness. The door bell stopped ringing, but whoever it was started knocking, my eyes started to water. Why was I scared? I shouldn't be this scared, but I am. All i wanted was my dad's comforting arms around me, keeping me safe from harms wahy.

"Camie?" 

Immediate relief washed over me, I quickly opened the door.

"Oh my gosh, Scott." I quickly latched onto him, and help him tightly, letting the few tears that built up fall ovr my eyelids.

"Hey, are you okay? What's wrong?" He observed me, making sure I wasn't hurt.

" Yes, i'm fine. I-i just got reallly paranoid. It's late and neither of my parents are home and then my dad sends me this text that makes me super worried telling me to stay inside and I-i just,... i'm glad you here." I hugged him again. Feeling his body against mine, and his heart beating against my chest washed away all my worry and fear.

"I won't let anything hurt you ok? All of us, the Argents, Hales, we're in it together to all keep you safe." He reassured me with a kiss on the forehead.

"Why?" I looked up at him, my tears still clouding up my eyes.

"Why are all of you risking your lives for me? For a person you just met not too long ago?"  I let go of him, and walked a few feet away. I have a tendency to over think things and be a drama queen when it comes to the people I love.

"Because we care about you, all of us. From the moment we all met you it was amazing. From when I laid eyes on you, and first held your hand the ice rink, I knew I didn't just wanna kiss you all the time or hold you, or call you mines, I wanted to protect you. From anything and everything." He still stood  5 feet away from me.

" But it's one thing to want to protect someone you care about, it's another thing to risk yours and all those you care of  for just one person, you barely even know Scott. I really am grateful but I'm worried that something will happen to you or your mom, or Stiles and if something did, I-I hate myself for the rest on my life." I cried more, harder and my breaths became short.

"Babygirl," I heard my dad's voice, and quickly turned around to see him standing in the doorway with my mom, and everyone else.

"Daddy! Oh my gosh daddy." I leaped into his arms, where everything is safe, in his arms nothing can hurt me.

" Shhh, it's okay, I'm here. I'm right here," he  smoothed out my hair on the top of my head while my mother joined into a group hug, and I had both my parents hold me, the only thing I really needed.

"We need to talk honey." My mom looked into my eyes, with complete utter worry.

"So he's been following us this entire time you've been trying to keep me a secret?" I asked, after the sherrif and my father told me everything. 

"And we believe he knows you're in Beacon Hills." Sherrif spoke up.

" We aren't letting anything happen to you, we've been training you. So you know what to do if anything may happen." Chris put his hand on my shoulder to slightly comfort me, even though the idea of me going up against an alpha isn't comforting at all.

" NO, absolutely not. She will not let herself get face to face with this monster. That was the plan from the beginning Chris." My dad stood between Chris and I, blocking me away like he was the danger.

" It's just a precaution, you should see her she's amazing. She's a fast learner, just as good as I am, Maybe even better, Ive known you for a long time Andy, we wouldn't let him win." Chris told me dad, they've actually known each other from their high school days, when they were both in training to be werewolf hunters.

"Camie, you okay?" Stiles asked me,

" Yeah I'm just thinking.. this alpha knows were here. He's waiting for the right moment to pounce right?" I asked,

" well yeah, just like a wolf an-" I cut off Lydia.

"No- he's not waitng willingly. He has to wait, com'n you think he's just waltz into Beacon Hills without knowing what's in it? Just like you said about the pattern, four. Four months, attacks four people am I right? We've lived her for 6 months already, and no attacks, fatalites.. He's not waiting to attack, cause he knows what Beacon Hills carries. He knows, there are other werewolves, and hunters. He has no chance against us... I don't think he's just killing people, I think he's building a pack."

Derek, Stiles, and Scott both looked at each other and back and me, they know I'm right and the we're in danger.