X. Be Careful What You ask For

Have you ever been so sure about someone? You know no matter what, that person will always have your respect? Someone you will always love. Well in a moment all that can change, in one moment everything changes.

" Werewolves?" I still stood there, in the middle of the woods with my dad. He sent the rest of the guys home, while we stay back to explain more thoroughly.

"Honey, I know how all this may seem but you just have to understand alright? I never intended you finding out this way." He stands tall, and a stranger to me.

"Were you even going to tell me at all? Or was I going to have to find out by accidently stumbling upon one weeks or even days from now dad? Why would you keep this from me, I have every right to know. It concerns me very much take it one of them wants to kill me!" All my tears have fallen over my eyelids.

" You know, a father never keeps things from his little girl. Either she's done something so terrible he can't speak to her, or he just doesn't love her enough."

I couldn't look at him, I was so hurt from this. I trusted my dad with my life, he raised to me never keep secrets from him or my mother. Here he is being hypocritical. How does one recover from brutal betrayal?

"Camille. I love you very much. From the moment your mom and I found out we were expecting you, I fell completely in love with the idea of being a daddy. Don't ever think I don't love you, cause the day I stop is never to come do you understand?" He is baffled at what I said, more hurt than I have ever seen him, but he hurt me more than words can say as well.

" Well if you loved me right, telling me about this would have been the right thing to do. I would never keep something like this from you. Ever." I stomp past him, and angrily get to my car.

I drive home, crying. I thought I knew my father, but I was completely wrong. When I finally reach my house, there is a cop cars sin my driveway with a very concerned mother talking to the deputy. Typical mother, always worrying about me, now I see why. She probably thought I was dead, like I knew I was in danger. As soon as she sees my car pull up, she sprints over to me and encloses me into a huge bear hug.

"Camille! Oh baby! I was so worried about you! Thank goodness you're okay!" She scans me, making sure I wasn't hurt. But the pain I am feeling couldn't be seen, nor can it be healed.

After the police finishes her report, she leaves , and we head into house to sit at the kitchen table.

" Would you both care to tell me where you've been? Because on the day where I get off early, no one is home. I tried calling both of you, but it went straight to voicemail." Hearing my mother say that made me think back on when my dad and I would get in trouble for coming home late. After all those nights we'd be out late from the fair, or firefly catching. We'd try a sneak in but never got away with it, always laughing hard getting caught. Those were the greatest moments of my life, now I refuse to re-live them in my mind.

"You probably know about dad's werewolf bussiness," And as I suspect her face shows she did." how could you keep his from me? Especially since I am a target. What makes you think that hiding makes this any better? I would like the the truth, from the beginning." I have my arms crossed, and I stare them in the eyes.

"Very well. When your dad and I first met, he told me all about the world he was born into. It was crazy at first but I wasn't gonna let go of the man I loved because of that. He told me that he hunted werewolves. That he tried to protect the innocents, and they are others who do the same. Like the Argents," My head snapped up, Argent as in Allison Argent? " Your father has killed more than I can count of those montorous werewolf murderers. But since 1994 there has one we've been chasing. In '94 your dad and I just returned from London, he killed a pack after they killing a entire family.Anyways the pack's Alpha was furious with us, he wanted revenge. So he did so.. he avenged his packs death by killing your dad's siblings and parents and he also killed-"

"Emily.." She's my older sister. My parents told me about her when I was 5, that she was mauled by a bear two summer's before I was born. But all those stories of wolves my dad has been chasing all makes sense now.

" So we are constantly moving to chase this werewolf?" I ask.

" Kind of, we were up until you were born. We couldn't risk losing another daughter so we repeatedly moved to keep ourselves– you safe. He will kill you if he finds out about you to get back at what I did. This is why I've keep this from you sweetheart. To keep you completely safe, to keep you alive." By then my dad had been crying.

"I understand that. A father's love is the most precious thing. But you don't think I have what it takes to protect myself? This is too much of a big deal for me to just let go. If we were in different positions, I would tell you no doubt. I appreciate the effort to keep me safe, but in a few months I'll be eighteen, and you can't keep me under your roof forever. I'm gonna head up to bed, it's been a long night." I look at them at them both, no smile, or smirk just a look and walk to my room.

Dear Diary,

Today I woke up and expected my hardest task being my homework or getting over Scott. But what I encountered today, changed me. I'm not afraid to be alone in this town anymore, or afraid of Allison's threat. I had become close to fearless now. Because I was a target against something supernatural. Something I never thought would exist. Because of this my parents have been on a run to keep me alive, they've been fighting, never having that normal life. We couldn't stay in one state because of me, we never got to have a family day anymore because of me. Tomorrow I will wake a new person, someone who will not just be a target, but a fighting target.

Xoxo Camille