Chapter Five

I wake up and stretch my aching back. My hands are callused from gripping my swords all throughout yesterday.  I sigh and rub my eyes of grogginess. The door suddenly opens. It's Christa. She looks at me surprised.  "Oh hey Eren" she whispers. I slightly laugh. "Hey Christa, why are you up so early?". Christa brushes away a strand of blond hair from her face. "I-I'm just looking for Armin". I raise my eyebrow. "Why?". She suddenly began to blush. "Oh uh....he volunteered....to help...me a-and Ymir.....carry boxes from our room" she stutters. I smile. "Oh is that so?". She nods. I grin and laugh a bit. "He's above me on the top bunk" I state. "Thank you" Christa smiles and climbs to the top of the bunk bed. I lay back down and breath in deeply. For some odd reason, I couldn't get Annie out of my mind. Her thoughts clouded my mind. I slap myself across the face. Christa and Armin are gone. I smile. "Go get her Armin" I breath. I swing my legs off the bed and get up. I walk up to the dresser and pull out a brown long sleeve and some somewhat clean navy jeans.  I make my way into the bathroom and close the door. I slip off my baggy shorts and replace them with the jeans. I slip on the brown shirt over my chest and ruffle my hair. I stare into the mirror longingly.  "I look like crap" I laugh. The door opens and it's Hanji. "OH GOD" I yelp falling over. "Please knock next time". "That's not important" she pants. She sounds scared. "H-Hanj?" I stutter. "Wh-what's going on?". Hanji looks at me with petrified eyes. "Annie's gone".