Chapter Nine

I stare deep into the sunset. I relax against the green long grass. I was so nervous. Was Eren Okay?  I brush my black hair behind my ears. "Eren..." I sigh. Then I see them. The survey corps rides in. I stare and loom for Eren. I don't see him.  I stand up and run up to them. "Corporal Levi" I pant. Levi turns to me. "What is it Ackerman?" he snaps. I frown. What a jerk. "W-where's Eren?" I ask nervously. Levi's face suddenly changes expression. grief. "WHERE'S E-R-E-N!?" I growl. Levi shakes his head. "I'm afraid that he........" He goes silent. I couldn't believe what I saw. Tears. "WHERE IS HE YOU SHORT FREAK?!" I yell. Levi looks straight into my eyes. "Eren was killed...by the female titan". I go silent. No.......it can't be. I feel weak suddenly. I fall to my knees. "No..." I whisper. Eren is dead. And Annie was responsible. I begin to sob.  I never told him my feelings. "I-I-I-I'm so s-s-sorry Eren" I cry. I grip my scarf. "I'm so sorry.....so sorry.... s-o  s-o-r-r-y". I collapse across the ground. "So sorry....so sorry". I cry harder. I nuzzle the scarf, wiping away my tears. "I-I didn't just love  y-you like a brother.....but as a soulm-" I cry even harder. Levi kneels down and puts his hand on my shoulder. "He tried his best....we tried our best." I close my eyes grip my scarf tighter.  Then I feel anger. I take Levi's arm and flip him over my shoulder. He hits the ground with a grunt. I stand over him. I'm shaking all over. "WHY COULDN'T YOU JUST SAVE HIM YOU MIDGET!" I scream "WE COULDN'T, IT WAS TOO RISKY!!!!" he yells. I scream and throw down a punch. He coughs at impact. "MIKASA!" I turn around. It's Christa. "They really tried". I fall to my knees again. He was gone....and he would never come back. Then I see him. Armin. He's riding in with a couple more people. His face was disturbed. Drained of life. Christa sees him. She begins to tear up. "Armin!" she sobs. Christa runs up to Armin, hoisting herself onto the horse and embracing him. Armin suddenly begins to cry, digging his face into Christa's soft blond hair. "USELESS!" he screams. "I-M....S-O.....USELESS!".  And with that, he screams and hugs Christa harder. Then I see it. In his hand....was Eren's key.