Chapter fifty two

I stand outside of Eren's room door. I hold my breath. Trying to think of what to say. I grip my fists and prepare to knock. It's been 5 days since the wall sina incident and Eren was still in a coma. I freeze as I hear ear splitting screams. I gasp and throw open the door. Eren is thrashing about. Two nurses pin him down. His face is pure red. He raises his hand to his face and claws at at his face. His other hand's nails dig into his temple. I run forward and force his hands down. The nurses look at me. Eren thrashes more violently.  Spit flies from his mouth. "I-I!" he screams. "I FORGOT!". "Get the syringe!" the first nurse screams to the other. The second nurse scrambles to grab it and hands it to the first. "ANNIE!" he screams. "ANNIE! ANNIE! ANNIE! WHERE?!". The first nurse yells and inserts the needle into Eren's neck. Eren goes limp. The nurse sighs in relief. "I-I-Is he gonna be okay?" I ask. The nurse nodded. "It's just to calm him down". The nurse pats my shoulder, opens the door and leaves. I pull up a chair and sit down. "Oh Eren" I whisper. "I hope you're okay".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His eyes open. I smile. "Hello there" I whisper. Eren gives me a cracked smile. I smile back. Suddenly, he grabs my arm. "I forgot" he chokes. "Eren...what do you mean?" I nervously ask. He relaxes a bit. "We've met before". He holds up his wrist, a slightly worn down leather band loose around it. I gasp. "Eren...I forgot too...oh my gosh how could I forget?". Eren slightly laughs, ending in a light wheeze. "Eren...how are you feeling?" I ask. He rubs his head. "I'm feeling drowsy and a bit queasy...but I'm okay". He freezes. "MY chest pain...throat...stomach stabbing pain...it's gone". He looks at me and smiles. "IT'S GONE!". He laughs and suddenly embraces me into a hug. I hug him back. "Eren lay down" I chuckle. Eren lays back down. I touch his forehead. "You seem a tiny TINY bit warm, but you look fine". Eren smiles and touches my hand. I blush. He blushes too. "Eren.....I should have helped you seal the wall...considering I can do it without trouble". Eren shakes his head. "No Annie...you're fine...I couldn't let you get into danger...I couldn't let you die". Things go silent. "Also...I would want all the glory, I couldn't just SHARE it". I stare at him and burst into laughter. "You butt" I laugh. Eren smiles and touches my cheek. I blush and touch his hand. I find myself leaning down and Eren sitting up. Eren smiles and our lips touch. Our lips press hard against each other's. I feel Eren wrap his arms around my waist and pull my in close to him. I finger at his brown hair, our foreheads pressing together. His kiss was warm. It was passionate. It...gave me strength. Eren's lips separate from mine. He wipes a bit of saliva off his lip with his sleeve. "Hey..I have an idea" he smiles. I blush and realize what he wants. "E-E-Eren I'm not sure if I'm read-". Eren suddenly stands up. "We should go outside for some fresh air". I freeze and look away embarrassed. I had mistaken this for something else. I slip on my jacket and follow Eren to the window. "The nurses won't want you out" I argue. Eren grins. "They won't have to know". He opens the windows and climbs out. I gasp. "EREN NO!". He jumps. I quickly look out to see it was only 1 story. I climb out and land beside him. "It's quite a nice day" he sighs happily. I hold his hand. He looks down at our hands and smiles. We begin to walk over to a small hill of trees. The shade shields us from the heat. Eren plops down and laughs, wiping sweat from his brow. "Annie" he suddenly croaks. "Annie.......I'm sorry". I move my head to the side, still looking at him, my hair swaying in the wind. "Sorry about what?" I ask. Eren stands up. "I'm sorry if I hated you....and thank you". He smiles. I smile back. 6 years ago I remember him saving me. I would never guessed at that young age that the boy who I thought of as an idiot but a friend, that we wouldn't meet until 3 to 4 years later, eventually falling in love.