Chapter thirty Five

I sit up in bed. I stretch and rub at my leg. I throw the covers off my legs and slowly get out of bed. I grab my crutch and brace it under my arm. I stand up and huff.  I limp to the dresser and pull out a clean shirt. I slip it over my head. Then I remember something. Today was Wednesday. Tomorrow was Annie's execution. I feel my heart drop. I felt a mourning in my heart when I heard her name. I guess I should have apologized. Then I remember something. "Armin" I breathe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I grip my crutch harder. I wheeze as I climb the hill. I see the top of Armin's blond head as I climb to the top. He's sitting in the grass, a book tightly grasped in his hands. He had a notebook in his other following a pencil. Armin turns around to see me. "Oh....if it isn't Eren" he mumbles. I freeze. Was he mad at me. "A-Armin I-" Armin stands up and throws down his book. "EREN....WHAT IS GOING ON WITH YOU!?" he screams. I'm silent. Armin begins to cry. "I'M YOUR FRIEND EREN....WHY DO YOU PUSH AWAY THE SUBJECT OF ANNIE HURTING YOU, AND THEN FEELING GUILTY ABOUT IT!?" he storms up to me and yanks at the collar of my shirt. "I'M TIRED OF BEING MR.I'M GONNA CARE ABOUT MY FRIENDS....I'M DONE....SO GO GET EATEN BY A TITAN!". He turns away. I close my eyes. Did he really think of me like that now? I feel tears in my eyes. Armin is sobbing on the ground. I close my eyes and choose my words carefully. Then....I speak. "Your right Armin...I shouldn't have been like that". Armin looks up. "I guess....I-It's hard to really f-feel again ever s-since my mo-mother died". Armin looks at me. I take a deep breath. I stand up tall and throw down my crutch and do the solute. "I know I was a jerk half this time....BUT YOU ARE THE ONLY FAMILY I HAVE LEFT!". Armin stands up. My legs are growing weak. "AND YOU ARE NOT WEAK....I THINK YOU ARE ONE OF OUR MOST VALUABLE PEOPLE!". Armin's rage disappears. I don't know how much longer I can stay standing. "THANK YOU...FOR EVERYTHING...AND I'M SORRY!". I fall to the ground. My legs go numb. I can't feel them. I'm breathing hard. Armin kneels down and hugs me. I hug him back. "I'm sorry" I whisper. Armin smiles. "I SHOULD be sorry" I slightly laugh. "Armin.." I begin. "Yeah?". "I...need your help with something" I sigh. "Of course...what do you need?". I pause for a moment and speak. "Annie is gonna die tomorrow...and I can't let that happen". Armin gasps. "Eren, but she wa-" "Armin....she cared about me...I can't let her die". I begin to cry. "PLEASE Armin........please". I couldn't let her die. Armin stands up, gripping his fists. "I'll do it" he states. I smile. Then I begin to groan. I fall limp. Armin gasps. "EREN...". I laugh. "I'm okay....just...help me up back to the infirmary" I croak. Armin hoists me over his back and climbs down the hill. "I don't have the words to say yet, but I'll try". "T-T-Thank you Armin" I wheeze. "Thank you.....".