Chapter fifty five

I adjust my 3dm. I breathe in. My first day as a survey corps cadet. I hear the door open. Commander Erwin. I salute him. He nods and hands me something folded neatly wrapped in paper. I slowly unwrap the thing in the paper and smile. A survey corps cloak. The wings of freedom bared on the back, soaring brighter than ever. I slip the cloak on. "Leonhardt" Erwin began. "Good luck on your first day". I smile. I hoped I would see Eren in my squad. I stroll out into the hall. I see a group of survey corps walking by. They looked so professional. I throw open the doors and stroll outside. I see Armin, Christa, and Eren in a group. I casually stroll up to them. Christa sees me and waves me over. Armin and Eren turn around and smile. "We're so proud of you Annie!" Christa chirps, embracing me into a hug. I smile and hug her back. We depart from our hug. Armin smiles. "The wings of freedom suites you more than the MP". I laugh. Eren pats my shoulder. "Well...good luck today....I wish you best of luck!". I blush and nod. "Are we in the same squad?". Eren shakes his head. "No.....but you're in the same squad as Armin and Christa......I got Riener and Mikasa in my squad". I cringe at the word Mikasa. "ALL CADETS REPORT TO YOUR SQUADS...WE'RE ROLLING OUT!".

***********************************************************************************************

Our horses run faster than I expected. The streets of Echrmich fly by. I see a couple of townspeople pass by. I see Eren's squad ahead as the gates open. Wind blows at our faces. I see a titan in the distance. "Alright Annie" I breath. "This is your first day as a survey corps cadet...make it count". "TITAN SPOTTED!" I hear my squad leader yell. I see Eren's squad up ahead spring to action. Two titans are approaching north while three are coming at us south. I see Eren enter his hooks into one of the titans upcoming north and slice it. "LEONHARDT GET GOING!" My squad leader yells. I whip out my blade and enter my hooks into a tree nearby. I real in and turn left, meeting up with one of the titans approaching south. I enter my other hook into the nape and slice the neck. I land beside the titan's body. "GOOD JOB CADET!" My squad leader yells. Armin and Christa zip by and land next to me. "WAY TO GO ANNIE!" Armin cheers. Christa laughs. "Good start for your first day!". I smile. I was glad I switched branches.

***********************************************************************************************

I unscrew the cap and take in the cold water. Armin hands me a chunk of bread. I take it and thank him. "HEY ANNIE!". I turn around to see Reiner and Eren run up to us. I stand up. I look at Reiner. We say nothing. Then he smiles. "It's okay Annie" he assures. "All of us here are shifters". Armin and Christa stand up. "It's okay Annie....I was never mad.....we both were in something terrible". I pat his shoulder. "I know Reiner....I'm just glad we turned back". Eren puts his hand on my shoulder. "I'm glad you've turned back". I smile and Eren and I embrace into a hug. Reiner smiles and joins in. Armin and Christa look at each other and grin. They slowly walk up to us and join in on the hug. I suddenly smile. These were my friends. Reiner, Eren, Armin, Christa. I smile and hug them all back. "In your face dad" I laugh. We all break out into laughter. I thought I would never find people by my side. But apparently I did. Now I had more. I had Eren, the one I loved, and Reiner, Armin, and Christa as friends. I smile brighter. I was becoming a completely new person.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if the last part of the chapter seemed cheesy.

I just think of them as a good friend group

So for the rest of the story these guys are gonna be a friend group

Plus I like Reiner

he's like my fourth favorite character :P 

STAY TUNED FOR NEXT CHAPTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!