Chapter fifty three

Evening. It felt depressing. FIVE days since the wall sina indecent. FIVE DAYS since Eren fell into a coma. FIVE days since Tommy's death. I can't bare to look out at the city. The church bells strike seven times as I slowly stride down the opened hall of one of the grand castles in this town that WASN'T destroyed. . Sun reflects off my gold hair. My heart stabs at me again. Tommy was dead. I could do nothing about it. "Armin!". I turn around to see Christa standing by the door of one of the grand rooms. "Oh..hey Christa" I sigh. She looks at me, her face filled with concern. "Armin....Armin...........I'm so sorry". I slowly walk forward to her and grab her hands. "It's fine Christa......Tommy's in a better place now.......thank the lord he doesn't have to suffer anymore of this dying world". Christa nods. "Amen". I clench my jaw and feel tears fall from my cheeks. "Christa" I begin, drowning in tears. "Christa Tommy's father was still alive". Christa pulls me into a hug. "I saw him....he asked me where he was....I TOLD HIM!". I sob harder. "Christa I could have done so much more for that little boy...he was like family to me!". I see Christa's face turning red from crying. "Armin...he loved you" she assures.I can't breath between my many sobs. "They're having his funeral tomorrow...they found his body" Christa whispers. I wipe away more tears and cup my hand over Christa's cheek. "Thank you Christa" I sigh. "I can stay with you if you want". I shake my head. "It's fine...I have to face my own battles". Christa kisses my cheek. "I love you Armin...you know that right?". I smile,bend down, and kiss her. "Yes..and I love you too...I love you so much". Christa kisses me back. "Oh..and did you hear?" she asks. "What?" I respond nervously. "Eren is out of his coma....doctors said he had screamed and thrashed out...almost choked himself".  I feel my heart jump to my throat. "Well...then lets pay him a visit".

******************************************************************************************

I knock firmly on the door. No respond. I knock again. Still no response. I grip the handle and slowly and quietly open the door. The window is open, the curtains blowing at the breeze. Eren is at his bed, a thin blanket thrown over him. His eyes are shut. "Oh...we should come back later" Christa whispers to me. Eren's eyes flutter open. He smiles. "Armin...did you recover well" he croaks. I slowly nod. "Eren.........are you doing alright?" Eren nods. "My major pain is gone". He pats his stomach. "And the doctors say I'm on a healthy recovery and I'm eating well". I sigh in relief. "Where's Annie?". he suddenly blushes. "Oh...her...ehe....she went home". I laugh. "How are you two getting along?". He blushes harder. "Armin.......I love her". Christa gasps and smiles. "Awe....you two have always looked adorable together...I remember she used to deny she liked you...it was planily obvious". Eren and I laugh. "Armin" he suddenly says. "Annie is amazing.......I love her.....I can't get over her and I want her to know that.....but I think...she deserves someone better".