Chapter forty eight

I tightly wrap my jacket sleeve around Armin's leg. I through my jacket down and grab Armin's hand. His head is down at his chest. "Armin....we have to go before the titans come". Armin is silent. Then he opens his mouth to speak. "I want Tommy to rest in peace...not to rest in a titan's stomach". I look down at Tommy. "We can move him unseen" I suggest. Armin is still silent. I hear his breathes grow ragged. he grips his fists. "Let's go" he whispers. I back away as he slowly stands up. "I'm going to kill the titan that took Tommy's life". Armin grabs my hand and pulls me over to him and Tommy. Armin kneels down and picks up Tommy. He slowly walks over to a pile of rubble. I understood what he was trying to do. I limps up to him and pull away at metal beams. Armin places him down, then I place the beams over him, completely hidden. Armin gets up and clenches his jaw, his leg bleeding more. Annie helps Armin up. Armin doesn't make eye contact. "Everyone I love is dying" he sobs. "Not me yet" I mention. Armin looks at me. Tears stream down his eyes like waterfalls as he embraces me into a hug. "Yeah...not yet" he sobs. "You and Christa" he sobs. "I can't bare to lose you two!". I hug him back, crying back. "YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME...TOMMY LEFT......MY LOVE.....MY BROTHER IN ARMS...YOU CAN'T LEAVE TOO!". I couldn't bare to see Armin like this. I hug him tighter. "I'm not leaving you Armin" I swear. "I know what's it's like to love". Armin looks up at me in shock. "Y-y-you-". I look at Annie. "Yes Armin.....I found love again". Armin lets go of me and brushes away strips of blond hair from his face. "Let's get to base" he mutters. Annie looks at me and Armin. "Are you guys serious?!". I nod . "BUT BOTH OF YOU ARE WEAK AND WRITHING IN PAIN!". "No matter" I respond. "Every solider is valuable in a battle". Annie squeezes my hand. "Eren...your body can't-". "I have to try" I assure. Annie looks at Armin too. "Armin...Eren.....I just can't...let you guys get hurt". I slightly laugh. "I'm gonna be fine...I've been through worse....I won't give up until that ba****d is dead". Annie pulls me and Armin into a group hug. "Well then I'm fighting alongside you....not a damn thing you can do about it". Armin laughs. "Not a damn thing I can do either". Annie smiles. My  face lights up with blush. "We gotta go guys" Armin interrupts. Annie nods and we trail Annie. Armin stares back at Tommy's place and does a salute. I skid to a stop and pay my respect and pay my respect. We all did. "God bless your soul dear boy" I whisper. Annie grabs me and Armin's hand and we take off. Titans are everywhere. The wall. I had to do something. I look at my friends. They look at me. I feel tears water up in my eyes. Armin and Annie look at me. I give them a sad smile. "Armin.....Annie.....you guys...go without me" I sigh. Annie shakes her head. "I'm not leaving you!". "Eren....I'm not losing you too" Armin barks. I look down at my hands. "Those people...need the wall sealed.....so I'll do it". Annie gasps. "Eren...there's no boulders to seal the wall with". My sad smile expands and tears run down my cheeks. "Who said I was going to plug the wall with a boulder". Armin's eyes widen, realizing my plan. "EREN NO!". Annie turns to Armin. "What is it Armin?!" she gasps. "Hange said that I have the ability to mend crystal around anything...but that will mean-". He goes silent. Annie puts her hands over her mouth in total shock. "Eren...you're not going to do this....No...no....no". I begin to slip off my combat boots. Annie falls to her knees. "I've never used the power...so it might-". Annie falls to her hands and knees and sobs. I throw my combat boots aside. I lean down and hug Annie. Her breathes are ragged. She looks up at me. "Annie" I whisper. She hugs me back and sobs into my chest. I hold her tight and rest my head onto her shoulder. Annie's breathing becomes more rapid. "EREN!" she sobs, clenching my shirt and burying her face into it. We separate from our hug. I look up in the sky. "Run" I order. Annie sobs harder. I turn to Armin was also in tears". "Eren" he begins. "......I trust you". I give him a quick smile and take off running. I see Armin pick up Annie and run. "Thank you Armin" I whisper. I approach the wall faster. My heart is beating at a million miles an hour. I jump up over pieces of debris. I grip my hand to my chest and jump down. Bodies fly by. Some are alive. Some dead. They were counting on me. I hear someone shout. It sounded like a little girl. "MOTHER...LOOK...IT'S EREN JAEGER...HE'S GOING TO SAVE US.....I WANT TO BE JUST LIKE HIM WHEN I GROW UP!". I turn around to see the little girl and her mother peaking out the window of their still standing house. I smile at them and give her a quick salute. She giggles. I turn back to my mission. I suddenly see survey corps members at the rooftops. Mikasa sees me and gasps. "EREN!". She gets ready to jump down. "EVERYONE RUN!" I scream. "EREN WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" I hear Jean scream. "NO TIME TO EXPLAIN...BUT I'M GONNA PLUG THE WALL....RUN NOW...RUN AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE!". I close my eyes. "Alright Eren" I mutter. "Here we go". With all my might, I jump up and grab a hold of the edge of a roof. I pull myself up and sit up. "Alright.......try to find the power" I sigh. I slowly stand up and see the blood titan in the distance. "Dammit" I mutter. I stand tall. Armin, Annie, Mikasa, even Jean. They all matter to me. "Crap...I'm scared" I laugh. I take a deep breath and begin to walk up the roof. Then I break into a run. "The human race" I scream. "WILL LIVE ON!". I let out a scream and jump off the roof, propelling myself with all my might. I scream and bite down into my thumb. The bone structure of my titan quickly appears, flesh wrapping around me. I feel flesh attach to where my eyes were and to my face. Everything is black. I step forward and let out a roar. "Lets do this" I grin somewhat insanely. I roar again and run forward. I hear townspeople cheering. I get closer to my wall. Suddenly, the blood titan runs forward and punches me down. No...no..no not now! The blood titan punches down again. I bite its fists. It screams. "I'm going to kill you" I mouth. I bite down harder and rip off the hand with all my might. Steam erupts from the wound. I kick the titan in the stomach and jump up. "Not this time you bas***d!" I scream. "THE HUMAN RACE WILL WIN!!!".