Chapter Forty One

I grip the little boy tighter. I quickly stand up. I see titans flowing in. I hear the boy sobbing. I hoist him up to my chest and begin to run. I see titans slowly eating the remaining survivors. I run through an open door of a bar. Empty stools are flung on the floor.The place is deserted. I jog over to another door and open it. It looked like a storage room. I sigh in relief and lock the door. The little boy is still crying. "Hey...it's okay". He cries harder. "I WANT MOMMY!". He cries. I hug him. "I know how you feel little buddy". I hear screams outside. The boy's cries soften. He managed to cry himself to sleep. I sigh and lay him down on the floor and put my cape over him. "Poor little guy" I sigh. I stand up and take a box and put it in front of the door. The little boy was sound asleep. I look at him. "I know how you feel" I whisper. I take a seat next to the boy and dig around my satchel. A take out a piece of bread. I take a bite. I stand up and again and see a box full of food. I grab it and manage to find a chunk of goat cheese. I stuff it in my mouth, along with the bread. I smile and savor the wild flavors. I dig around to find another chunk of goat cheese. I resist eating it, deciding to save it for the boy. It had been about an hour. The little boy slowly wakes up. I hear something strange. A grinding noise above me. The little boy yawns, then freezes. I hear him slowly begin to cry. The grinding noise gets louder. I lunge forward and cover his mouth. Too late. The roof above us breaks. I jump back. The kid screams. I kick the box away from the door, as the titan's hand moves around.  I grab the boy's hand and fling open the door and run out of the bar. I see a couple titans. They look down at me. I begin to run. "That's all I could ever do" I whisper. I skid to the left and run down an alleyway. Trapped. I see a titan. I grip the kid harder and see a cellar trapdoor. I run up to it and fling it open. I climb down the ladder. I run over to the corner of the cellar, sit down, and place the boy next to me .The little boy is sobbing his eyes out. I hear the titan getting closer. "Hey...shhhh..It's okay...I won't let them get you...hey...you're okay". The little boy keeps crying. "H-h-hey.........my name is Armin....what's your's?". The boy stops crying. But I still hear bits of chocked crying. "......Thomas" he whispers. I smile. I hear the titans walking away. "I like that name...but how about I call ya Tommy?" The kid looks up at me. "O-Ok". I never payed attention to how the kid looked, but now I had the chance to look at him. He had shaggy blond hair and gray blue eyes. He looked around the age of six and was wearing a white button up t-shirt and teared navy green shorts. I pat his head. Tommy looked up at me and smiled. "Thank you" he says in the cutest voice ever. I smile. He reminded me of me when I was his age. I wanted to help this kid and make sure he could get home to whatever family he has left. My eyelids feel heavy. I lay down on a couple sacks. I hear Tommy yawn and fall asleep beside me. "Just...a couple minutes" I yawn. I close my eyes, and drift off into a dreamless sleep.