Chapter Twenty Six

Sorry this is a short chapter 

The bright morning sun shines through my window. I shift to my left and hunker down deeper into my bed. My eyes are heavy from lack of sleep. The nightmares haunt my memories. I sigh. Eren was gone and he hated me. I sit up. I feel weak. I swing my legs off my bed and stand up. My hair is a mess over my face. I pull open my drawers and pull out an outfit for the day. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The shade shields my delicate eyes. I lean against the tree and relax. Heff walks up to me. I groan. "Hey....are you Annie?" I stand up. "Yeah...what's your business?" I snap. Heff sighs and walks closer. His breath reeks of liquor. "Do you know Eren jaeger?". My attention snaps into focus. "Yeah what's it to you?". Heff is silent. "What's wrong?!" I ask frantically. Heff sighs. "Eren......hasn't made it back". My heart drops. "Ho-h-how could you possibly know that?" Heff is silent. "We have no report from Trost....he should have been home a day ago by far". I fall to my knees. "No" I choke. Heff sighs. "I'm sorry......but he didn't make it". My eyes widen. I stand up and grip his jacket, pulling him in. "WHAT do you mean?" I sob. Heff look away. "The kid was in bad health.........an infection on his leg..........muscle failure.....sickness". I can't breath. "This is all I fault" I breath. Heff looks down at me. "It wasn't your fault.........he didn't have much time to live". I begin to sob. I let go of Heff and fall back. Heff squeezes his eyes shut and walks away. My eyes flood out tears. Then at that moment.....I realized what to do.