Chapter fifty nine

I adjust my collar. I slowly wrap my scarf around my neck and turn to the door. I throw it open and let the cool wind whip at my hair. Everything was finally calming down. I see Eren. I breathe in and prepare to talk to him. I knew he has been struggling. I hear Eren suddenly laugh. I'm shocked. Armin and Reiner slug Eren in the shoulder. "I'M GLAD YOU'RE BACK ON TRACK MAN!" Armin laughs. "Yeah......I was glad was there for me". I stare in disbelief. I sigh and my head falls to my chest. I hear Eren laughing again. I look up again to see Eren running. I smile. He was happy and that's what mattered. "YOU AS***E YOU GOT A HEAD START!" Reiner yells chasing after him. "NOT MY FAULT YOU'RE FAT!" Eren laughs. "SAY THAT AGAIN AND I'LL BREAK YOUR NECK" Reiner laughs. I smile. "That's all I care about" I smile. "Your happiness". I give a sad smile off and turn around to head back to my dorm. "HEY MIKASA!". I turn around to see Jean. "Oh...hey Jean" I snap. Jean looks at me in shock. "What...I didn't do anything". I suddenly break out into laughter. "I know" I snort. Jean smiles. "I'm not here to woo you...I promise...I was just passing by". I smile. "Well I'll consider on kicking your butt".  Jean laughs for a moment. Then he puts his hand on my shoulder. "Hey...are you okay?" he asks. I give him a sad smile. "Yeah...it's just...I always wanted to be by Eren and help him". I sigh and realize Jean wouldn't care since he hated Eren. "I know you're probably expecting me to say something bad about Eren....but I understand". I look at him shocked."I know what it's like to want to hold onto remaining friends and family...that was me with Marco". I say nothing. "Eren is surrounded by friends...and he's got you...you've done so much for him...and even if he doesn't say anything...I bet he's as thankful as hell....he loves you...I know it....how you two stick together tells it all". I smile at Jean. "Eren still cares for you........he's just experiencing things". Jean cracks a smile. "Sorry if I've always been a jerk". I shake my head. "It's fine...thank you Jean...you're not as bad as I thought." Jean pats my shoulder. "In the mean time you have other people". I pat his shoulder. "Like you". He suddenly blushes. "Oh uh....uhm you don't need to-".  I smile and slightly laugh. "Sorry Jean". Jean's face returns back to normal and he smiles. "I guess you're not that big of a jerk I thought you were". He smiles and adjusts his shirt collar. "You're not being all nice right now because you like me?" I suddenly rant. Jean looks at me surprised. "No......I should learn to move on" he sighs. Suddenly, all the terrible thoughts I suspected of him...the times I wished he would get eaten...all disappeared. His words repeated in my head. "In the mean you have other people". I suddenly feel tears streaming down my cheeks. In my life, I had always been so focused on staying by Eren and eventually starting a life with him. I had never thought to make any other friends beside Eren and Armin. All those times the girls in my dorm were nice to me and offered me an invitation to hang out. I had rejected it and isolated myself from any other friendships. I should have accepted those invitations. I should have made more friends. Jean smiles and turns to leave. My eyes widen and I grab his arm. His face lights up with blush. "Jean...Jean" I sigh. "T-T-thank you...for talking to me". I feel tears glisten in my eyes. Jean turns around to face me. He smiles genuinely. "Of course". I suddenly wipe away my many tears and embrace him into a hug. Jean is shocked at first, then accepts my embrace. I thought I would be beside Eren forever. But now...........I finally made a friend.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEY EVERYONE

Sorry if it wasn't TOO LONG!!!!

LIKE I SAID this is the falling action so yeeahhhh........

:3