Chapter Sixteen

(Sorry these chapters are short, I don't have a lot of time to write them)

My eyes snap open. It's sunset. Wait....WHAT!? I sit up. The pain in my stomach is gone. I stand up, only to fall back down again. My body is weak and exhausted. I gasp. In front of me......is the titan's dead body. "W-what the hell?" I stammer. Then I realize why I couldn't stand up up. Flesh was clinging to my legs. I had shifted. How did I do it? Both my arms were bitten off, and biting my thumb was how I did it.  Then I feel sick. I lift up....my arms to my face. "They're back...." I breathe. Drops of sweat dribble down my back. My shirt is left in scraps from the tree.  I groan and begin to pull out my hands from the flesh. I feel the hot burn of my titan's form's body slowly disappearing.  I pull myself free and fall backward.  I was weak. No pain, only exhausted. Then I felt it. My illness. I cough into my fist and slowly begin to stand up. I stumble forward and find my cape hanging from a tree. I snag it off and wrap it around my cold skinny chest. I begin to walk forward, shaking with each step. The wall seems farther away with each step I take. The sun is setting when I get close enough to the wall. I begin to cough again, shivering under my thin cape. I see someone standing guard on top of the wall. Garrisons. I open my mouth, only to collapse. The last thing I hear was someone yelling. "GARRISON.....RETRIEVE THAT BODY..................................".