PROLOGUE: First Step to the Future

"How was your audition?" Seokjin asked with a smile painted across his face as soon as he saw her walking out of the Studio B, heart thumping as the rush of blood in his adrenaline made his excitement levelled up.

"It was fine. Gosh, I was very nervous but I hope I'll make it!" she giggled enthusiastically. Seokjin's heart fluttered whenever he heard the soft sound of her giggles, making him smile as wide as he could. The only sound which would leave such calm and peace in the deepest part of his heart―the reason behind his sleepless nights most of the times.

"Of course you'll make it, sweetheart. You're beautiful and talented. You can dance, sing, and you also have a talent in acting. And of course, you're capable of stealing my heart," Seokjin winked. "There's nothing you cannot do," he added.

"Stop it," Sojung playfully hit his chest.

"Anyway, you're busy asking about my audition. How was yours?" she asked, as they started walking out of the venue with their fingers intertwined to each other's. Eyes were locked on them, they knew. Seokjin, especially, he could feel the eyes looking at them but both decided to ignore the attention they were receiving.

"The judges said I was good looking," Seokjin started with a proud smile.

"Was it a girl?" she asked, the jealousy was clear in her tone, somehow.

"A woman? You mean? Why? Are you jealous?" Seokjin leaned closer, pinching her left cheek. "No. That was a question, though," Sojung said, there was a slight coldness in her tone as she moved her gaze away from his face.

[2 Weeks Later]

Exactly fourteen days since the nervewrecking experience of his life happened, the memories were still very fresh in his mind. The stares he was receiving from the judges, the sound of pen scribbling against the surface of paper―making him anxious and definitely did not help him to calm down.

He reached for his phone from the coffee table in the living room before laying himself on the couch as he was checking his notifications, that soon he realized he had received a mail from an unknown e-mail. It was not like any other e-mails, though. It seemed, somehow, private and important? Seokjin knew he was not that kind of a professional person to be receiving such mails.

As curiosity grew in his heart, his finger laid on the screen which lead to the mail immediately and his eyes locked on every word written there.

"Congratulations, you got accepted into Big Hit Entertainment!"

He couldn't believe his eyes, making him to read the title over ten times and his eyes widened each time. "Is this for real? What if it's a scam?" he whispered to himself, heart thumping more than usual as he felt himself heating up in amusement.

"Mum!" he squealed out of excitement, calling for his mother from the living room. It came out a lot louder than what he had in his mind, making his mother coming to the son of her in an instant.

"COME HERE, QUICK!" Seokjin shouted excitedly from the top of his heart as he rose from his position, legs couldn't stopped from walking back and forth with his hands all over his head, ouldn't face the reality, still.

This has to be a scam.

"Why? Why? Why? Are you hurt somewhere?!" Mrs.Kim walked out of the kitchen, with her apron still and immediately ran her hands all over his body, worries was clear on her face. Thoughts rushing on her head making her think of the most possible reasons her son would be screaming in the middle of an afternoon.