Chapter Thirty-Seven

Sojung sat back in her chair and stared at her journal that she had been keeping ever since she was a trainee, relaxing her eyes until the words blurred on the white pages. She had been stuck in her bedroom, reading the words she had written down on the journal, as she recalled back the memories that became a storyboard of each chapter—she would say. She pushed the section containing the photographic memory of her and a guy that she wished she'd never met, further back to the back of the journal. There wasn't one part of her brain that needed to see those images again. The first-hand experience had been enough, and she never wanted to recall it back—nor having him back into her life.

She let her head hang forward and closed her eyes, letting the fresh but old memories lingering around her mind as she wished she could turn back time and do what was supposed to be done. The guilt and regret were still placing in the corner of her heart-in fact, it felt like it was all over her body. I had one thing to do and own in life, and ruined it completely. Now, I'm running back to it like a complete idiot.

Sojung opened her journal once again, and slipped her fingers through the page and flipped the next page. Her eyes ran down to every letter that she wrote down, after reading the date that was written on top of the page.

"Why did I skip a date? There should be something written on December 4th, but there isn't any," she whispered down her breath, as her eyebrows plunged to a frown. It didn't make sense. The only thing she could remember about around those times was when she was excited that she will be an adult soon, and planning a birthday celebration with Yerin and. . . .Yoo Minseok.

She stared down the journal, couldn't keep her eyes off of the book when she started to overcome a sudden realisation about why there wasn't a journal on that exact date. "It was Seokjin's birthday," she whispered to herself. Sojung tore her mind away from the images in her head of her clapping hands and cutting cakes together with him and shifted her gaze to the calender next to her.

"Tomorrow is his birthday," she said with a shrug.

"I should do something, just to repay back what I've done on his birthday a few years back,"

Sojung pushed against her eyelids with the tips of her fingers, but the sound of Seokjin begging her please don't go refused to shift.

"But, what should I do?"

...

"Hyung! Your birthday is tomorrow!" Jimin squealed before leaning on the back of Seokjin's body with a bright smile painted across his face. He glanced over his shoulder and saw how Jimin was slowly wrapping himself around his body, and he can't help but chuckled at his cuteness.

"I know. I'm getting old," he giggled.

"No! Even if you are, you're still as handsome as always," he said, his voice was calm and restrained as he looked at Seokjin's face with a smile. He could feel his face blushed in an unattractive red after Jimin mentioned about his apperance—which was his favourite.

"Thank you," he said slowly.

He watched as Jimin reached into his jacked and pulled out a hot pack. Jimin passed it to him and smiled. Such a simple gesture; but at that moment it felt like the first time in his life someone had shown him any kindness that meant so much-because those had been gone too long that he forgot how the feeling was.

"Keep yourself warm, hyung. We promise to watch your episodes of We Got Married from now on," he smiled.

A grin was slowly painted across his face as he looked at Jimin whose eyes had turned flat as it was hidden by that smile.

"Thank you, Jimin. Send my regards to the others, I don't think I'll be coming home early tonight since I've heard the crews have prepared something for my birthday tonight," Seokjin said, as the smile was slowly fading away from his face at the thought of not being able to celebrate it with his members for the first time in what felt like had been seven years.