Chapter Three

"Kim―Kim Seokjin?!" her voice sounded surprised, eyes widened twice than the original size, as if she did not expect him to be right there, right next to her. The last time they got to be this close to each other was probably around two years ago. Just before she decided to fool around in the relationship.

"How have you been? I missed you so much," Seokjin opened his arms for a hug before wrapping himself around her body with a warm hug, closing the distance between them. Sojung flinched at the sudden touch, surprised by the feeling of his warmth flowing throughout her body.

"I've been fine, as always," she said through the tight hug, feeling uncomfortable receiving it from a person who once meant the world to her, and wanted to let it go as fast as possible but for the sake of respecting his decision to love her, she let him be.

Seokjin had been hugging her for two minutes and he didn't even budge. He knew he never wanted to let go of it since he did not know when will the time come for them to meet again. It was a once in a lifetime chance, it's unbelievable such thought came across his mind. Expecting for a hug back, Sojung remained silence in between the shivering weather. He, somehow, was too immersed in the embrace and the warmth that he did not even realise how she didn't even try to put herself around his body.

"Why didn't you pick up my calls, Sojung?" he asked as he let go of the long warm hug. Her eyes twitched at the sudden question he just asked, she had expected the question coming but she did not expect it to be asked this early. In the split second that he was illuminated by the flickering street-lamp, Sojung's face fell from elation to horror and then to a controlled visage of concern

"Wh―what calls?" she stuttered, pretending to not know what he was talking about by putting an innocent smile on her face. "What do you mean 'what calls'? I left you multiple of missed calls, and you didn't pick up any of them," he explained, as he snorted, shocked with thr expressions and replies that she had given to him.

"Oh! Those missed calls!" she clapped her hands together excitingly like it was nothing wrong with ignoring your boyfriend's calls. "I'm so sorry, I have my excuses," she lowered her gaze, looking at the ground like she was feeling sorry. Like, she was feeling sorry.

"What are your excuses?"

Anger was clear in his voice but it sounded calm enough to not make anyone think he was mad. Sojung didn't have the courage to lie to him, she knew how down to earth and kind hearted he was to not receive lies from his girlfriend, girl-friend. White knuckles from clenching his fist too hard, and gritted teeth from effort to remain silent, his hunched form exuded an animosity that was like acid - burning, slicing, potent. But no―she couldn't see that. His face was covered by the shadow of dim street lights, and she, was too unbothered to take a look.

Sojung, however, at the same time, she did not want to break his heart. She did not want him to come home brokenhearted after not seeing her for the last two years, it must be devastating. Although it couldn't be as devastated as I once felt―still, she didn't want him to feel the same.

"Have you get your phone fixed?" Seokjin chipped in before she got to say a word.

Relief washed away her worries, she was glad he broke the silence first, because it was obvious that she needed some time to think of excuses she had to made up.

"Yeah, I did. It was not too long ago," she smiled, recalling back the memories when she didn't pick up his calls, did not reply to any of his messages because her phone was broken but at least it was real. She had to borrow Yerin's phone to informed Seokjin about her broken phone. The efforts, though.

"Good to know that, but it's unfortunate that you still didn't pick up my calls," he said in a calm tone but it was clear that sarcasm was in his tone. He grinned, anyone could sense the coldness in his tone. Breath hitched due to anger, he remained silent.