Chapter Twenty-Three

Their chatters were echoing the restaurant. Eunbi's focus moved to her boyfriend who was trying to get something out of his jeans' pocket. "Why?" Eunbi asked, raising her eyebrows.

Minseok looked down on his phone screen, before excusing himself to answer the call. "Excuse me for a minute," he smiled, and got up from where he was sitting and walked out of the restaurant.

Sojung's eyes followed his moves and she stifled the urge to shriek. She wanted to talk to him, she had images on her mind where she just want to scream and shout at his face and slap him until he fainted. She took a second to examined her other members before excusing herself.

"Excuse me," she put on a smile and made her way to the restaurant's door. She pushed the door open, and saw Minseok's back as he was holding his phone up to his ear.

"Yoo Minseok," she called his name, once he shoved his phone back into his pockets. He recognized her voice, he turned around and saw Sojung staring up at him with fierce eyes.

He walked towards her with sympathetic eyes and snaked his hand out to grab her arm, "Sojung, I can expla-," but he was a second too late when she ditched her hand away from his touch.

"Don't you fucking dare to touch me," she glared at him.

Minseok let out a long and deep sigh upon her action. "What was that?" she was still gluing her glare to his eyes, but he kept avoiding eye contacts and looked around the street.

"Look into my eyes, and tell me, what the hell was that?!" she yelled at his face, and he flinched at the sudden loud voice she threw at him.

"I can explain," he said in a low voice, trying to calm her down.

"Well do it then!" she yelled.

He let out a long sigh before saying, "I bumped into Eunbi in one of the hallways back in the building, and I thought she was sweet and gorgeous. We started talking and eventually, we fell for each other. I wanted to tell you and call this off but, I can't find the right time. I'm so sorry, Sojung," he explained in an apologetic voice.

She scoffed angrily, "Really? It was that easy?!" Tears started to flood in her eyes, she felt her heart fell to her stomach and she cannot stop herself from tearing up.

"I know I should've told you earlier," he said with his eyebrows plunged to a frown but Sojung did not take any of his sympathetic expressions.

"Stop being a five star actor with that face expression of yours, fucking cheater. A sorry won't change anything. Woah, I'm such an idiot for falling over an active cheater like you," she said in a brittle, cold voice.

The door next to them was suddenly pushed open and Eunbi was seen appearing from the door. She was surprised seeing both of them talking to each other in front of the restaurant and not enjoying the dinner together.

Sojung tried to avoid eye contacts with her as she did not want her to see her teary eyes. "Minseok, what took you so long? The foods are getting cold," she frowned.

Minseok turned to look at her, and back to Sojung who was standing in front of him. He took a step closer to her, and she could see him grinning, before he moved closer to her ear and whispered,

"Speak for yourself,"

He walked away from Sojung's face and back into the restaurant while wrapping his arms around Eunbi's shoulders.

Sojung was left standing alone in the middle of the street. She felt the cold and refreshing air brushing against her skin, as she felt a sudden tear dropped on her left cheek. A tear, after another, she can't seemed to think about anything anymore.