EPILOGUE: Our Future

The sounds of cutlery echoed the whole house, making the TV turned to a sibilant hum. She wanted to check what hectic was happening in the kitchen, but she was constantly reminded of how she was supposed to just sit in the living room and not to bother anything around her other than whatever that was showing on the TV screen. She, however, had been stealing glances every now and then just to see how it was in the kitchen. It was an open kitchen, no wall, no nothing—he wanted it to be that way.

"Are you doing okay? Do you need a hand?" Sojung asked, from the living room. He, who didn't even try to turn to his back only put up a hand sign up showing an OK. Really, how stubborn he could be. No one should interfere as long as he didn't die in the kitchen.

Seokjin informed how the meal he was cooking tasted delicious, and how she only had to wait for a few minutes more before it will get the real taste as it was left boiling. The stove was turned off, hands wrapped in a pair of oven glove as he held the pot from both sides, placing it on top of the dining table. "And the lunch is served, miss," he bowed down.

It wasn't long when the giggles between them was interfered by a sudden bell sound coming from the front door. She rose from her seat, wanting to check who was on the door but he stopped her from doing so. That day was supposed to be his day, he volunteered to do all the chores from cooking to cleaning to laundry, everything was in his hands.

He turned to his back, the house was still brand new it didn't have the camera which you could see who was on the door, maybe soon. He then slipped on his pair of slippers and grabbed on the metal doorknob, pulling it open just to meet eyes with six males with a broad smiles on each of their faces.

"Hello! Hello! How do you do!" they greeted cheerfully as he opened the door, heart was heavy as he felt like closing the door shut in front of their faces. But how can he do that―when the last time he had seen these bright faces were months ago, and it was when they had to part ways as Seokjin had to pack every little thing of his stuffs to move in with his wife now that he's a married man.

"What are you guys doing here!" he groaned out of frustration, as they walked in to the doorstep without getting invited to do so. He was flustered due to the sudden six male adults suddenly walked into his face, shoes were everywhere as he screamed to arrange them nicely.

"Today is the fourth time you guys barged into my house and it's only the fourth day of the week. Are you going to do this everyday?" he asked, his tone was teasing as he took his apron off and placed it on the kitchen counter.

"Too bad Bangtan is not six members," Namjoon said, a small grin was slowly forming up on his lips.

Greetings were made by one another from the members to Sojung who was sitting on the couch. The what supposed to be quiet house had been echoed by the sound of their loud chatters and laughters, Jungkook barging the kitchen as Yoongi and Taehyung was curious to see each and every room even though they visited almost every day. It was hectic, loud and cheerful as if nothing had been changing.

He could not kick them out nor he could forget their laughs, he was once living altogether with those six uncontrollable friends he'd like to consider as a family now, but one day everything had to fade away. Not everything was meant to stay permanent anyway―there was no doubt how hard it had been for both Sojung and him, walking out of the dorm which had witnessed and created countless of memories in them. Though it happened to be just like a fairytale as they opened their eyes every morning to see someone they love beside them, they knew they had been missing the loudness early in the morning and how it slowly became their alarm.

The members were splattering around the house, he was watching how they were behaving as if they, too, lived in the same house.

"Just so you know I only made lunch for Sojung and I, the proportion is not for eight people in total," he spoke up.