Chapter Eight

The elevator moved two times slower than it was supposed to. He didn't know if what he did was right. Were all the words that came out of his mouth were the words that was right to say?

He was afraid if he will end up regretting his decision on leaving her out of his life, as the guilt was slowly taking over himself.

"Should I apologize to her?" he whispered under his breath, his mind was racing with thoughts. He glanced up at the indicator which was showing the number five.

Fifth floor.

The elevator's door opened in front of him and a guy in a white buttoned-up shirt walked in, while Seokjin walked out of the elevator and ran over to the emergency door to take the stairs,

To go back to the eight floor, where Sojung and him were arguing.

"I love you," he felt his tears dropping on his cheek, but he chose to ignore it as he was climbing the stairs as fast as he can using all the energy he had left.

He pushed the eight floor emergency door opened, and turned to his left and right, looking for the woman that he almost lost.

"Sojung!" he screamed her name while running along the hallway, but what he heard was his voice reflected back on the wall, echoing the long quiet hallway.

"Sojung, I'm sorry," he was breathing heavily and panting, after used up almost all of his energy running from three floors down, and along the long endless hallway. He stopped his legs from running when he saw a tall, long haired girl standing in the middle of the hallway, sobbing.

Seeing her sobbing, and was still standing in the exact same position, gave him hope to take his words back and hopefully, changed her mind to leave that Minseok guy behind and come back to him.

It was obvious that he had became desperate for her, and her love that seemed to be long gone.

"I want to apologize for what I've said to you just now. I truly am sorry, I didn't mean it that way. I was too angry, that I, I don't know, I'm very sorry," he walked up to her slowly, before placing his hand on her shoulder.

She turned around, and this time, her eyes were no longer focusing on the floor. She moved her gaze to Seokjin's crystal eyes immediately after turning around.

"Why did you choose him over me? What's there that he has that I don't? I thought I've given everything to you," his voice was calm as tears started to flood his eyes again.

"You left me," she answered short, her gaze was sharp cutting him into pieces.

Seokjin was left in confusion over her answer. Since the fuck when did he ever leave her? "I never left you, and I never will. What are you talking about?" he chuckled nervously.

She grinned through her tears. "You left me for your dream, your future. I thought I was your future, but guess not," she became greedy.

"I didn't leave you! You were the one who suddenly ignored my calls and texts, giving me stupid and nonsense excuses but what did I do? I took all of your excuses in a positive way! I obeyed everything you said, everything you told me to do, but in the end, you chose someone else over me," his voice was hoarse from all the crying.

"Did you not remember our promises? We promised each other to stay together forever. We promised to not break each other's trusts. We promised to stay loyal. You were the one who were doubting on me, and now what? You were the one, and only, person who had broken the promises," he glared at her with his sad eyes.

She moved her gaze away from Seokjin, and avoided eye contacts. She wanted to act as the victim, but she was unsure what excuses and evidence to use, because she knew it was her fault. She was too greedy for attention and love. But her ego was too high for her to admit her mistakes.