Chapter Fifteen

"I have a boyfriend, thank you," she smiled sarcastically. "I know," he said instantly, coldly and a smiled soon formed up on his face, though she was unable to read the expression painted.

"I'm only confessing my feelings to you, nothing more," he said as he thanked the waiter whom just placed the foods they had ordered on the table. "Good to know, I guess," her tone was slowing down as she continued talking, undeniable of the hidden awkwardness she was feeling. Both of them enjoyed the foods in an awkward silence, because the talkative Minseok didn't even say a word after confessing his feeling and Sojung's mind was racing with thoughts that she cannot even come up with a word to say.

"How long have you been together?" Minseok suddenly spoke up in the middle of the silence between them. Sojung who was enjoying her food, looked up and faced him.

"Two years," she answered short.

"How does he treat you?" he asked again, but Sojung didn't think much about it and thought maybe he was just curious about her.

"Good. Amazing, I mean. I've never really been in a relationship before him so, he's been an amusing person really," she answered proudly. She could talk about him for hours and days, but knowing that Minseok had some sort of a love feeling towards her, stopped her from doing so.

He nodded without saying any words, until both of them finished their foods and he paid for both meals before he drove her back to the Source Music building.

"Sojung," he grabbed her hand just after she unfastened her seat belt once they had arrived in front of the building. Shocked, she turned to face him immediately and raised her eyebrows.

"I. . .I'm sorry," his voice came out soft, and his eyes were staring deep into her dark hazel eyes.

"Why are you apologizing?" she chuckled nervously, confused about the sudden apology.

"I feel like I have been bothering you lately. I just want to, you know, get to know you better but knowing that you have a boyfriend is kind of, awkward for me to do so. I feel so bad that you had to meet somebody like me, I know I'm a douchebag, a lot of people called me that and I know you are one of the many people too. It is almost like everyone's first impression towards me," he looked down on the steering wheel, his voice was low and brittle as if he wanted to cry.

Sojung's heart softened hearing how sincere he sounded like, and how bad he had been feeling all this time. Sympathy suddenly formed up inside her, feeling bad over how he had been treating him for the past few months. A sorry could really change the entire game.

"Yoo Minseok," she squeezed his hand that was once placed on hers. "I'm sorry if I made you feel that way. I didn't mean to make you feel bad about yourself, you didn't do anything wro-,"

"I have done something extremely wrong, and you can't deny it. I know you feel that way too. It's fine, Sojung. I understand how you feel," he exchanged his gaze from the car's dashboard to Sojung's crystal eyes, she could see how sad his eyes looked like.

"Yoo Minseok. . .," her voice was low and a tone of sympathy was clear in her voice.

"You should go and continue whatever you should be doing now. I'm sorry I have been disturbing you all along, I'll leave you alone for now. Good luck. I'll tell my father to debut you as soon as possible because I know you deserve it," a sad smile formed up on his plumped lips and it immediately broke Sojung's heart after seeing how broken he looked.

She would have had open her arms and gave him a long tight hug but she was hesitating if it really was the right thing to do.

Sojung didn't know what to do next and went along with what he told her to do. She turned to her back and pulled the door handle to open the door. Just before she stepped out of the car, Minseok placed his hand over her shoulder.