Chapter Four

The phone line went dead silent. Seokjin was speechless, not knowing what to say and not knowing what to think. The morning had been broken by one simple unknown name, like the sweet melody of a blackbird, full of promises, freshness and newness to come. Now it sat like a cold cup of coffee waiting to be drained away. He, ended up reminiscing all the dark thoughts he had been having when he thought about it.

Gaining his courage, he answered. "I'm Seokjin, Sojung's boy―," Before he got to finish his words, he heard a familiar woman's voice in the background, and he immediately recognized who she was, he knew it was her. How soothing and soft it sounded, there was no doubt it was her. However, knowing the owner of the voice was only messing up with his already messed up mind.

"Who's calling?" she, on the other hand, asked in the background, and millions of questions came across his mind, messing it up even more. Why were they together in one place? It sounded like they were in a room, no way, they were not doing anything.

Weren't they?

The trap springs shut - caught between opposing needs, him, hanging loosely on the other end.

"Sojung!" he shouted her name on the phone, couldn't bear thinking of his girl clinging around another guy whom he, himself wasn't sure who, where he's from and how he looks like—and this time, the guy, so-called Minseok was no longer on the line, he knew it when the line went on someone else's hand, it was Sojung.

"Yes? Is there anything I can help you?" her voice sounded very soothing, it was his favourite thing, but now he wasn't sure if he should let his heart crawl into happiness, or conflicts.

"Who was that?" Seokjin asked, almost instantly after she finished her words.
"That was Yoo Minseok, m-my manager," she stuttered to answer. In her stutter, he found his answer.

He, on the other hand, was unsure whether to believe her or believe in his intuition, but what he was sure about was, you had to trust one another in a relationship, which was the reason why he decided to go with whatever Sojung said, most of the time. Though that might be the last chance of her for him to swallow whatever she'd decided to throw to him, making him believe in her words since she cannot pull on an action.

"Your manager? Wow, it's impressive how you already have a manager. Are you debuting soon?" Seokjin asked a shocking question, she wad flustered and stuttered to answer, once again. Nothing new, she had always been pulling on the same reaction all over again. At least learn how to do it right, yet she ended up making herself look suspicious.

It seemed like Seokjin could sense what was happening to her, and he tried his best to not bring the topic up for the sake of their almost five years of relationship. It was always him, who had to carry on with the effort, him, who had to face the pain. However, it could just be a negative thought, though, he was not positive if what he had on his mind was what the real situation was. He didn't even want to think that way.

He tend to take care of his own feelings now that nobody wanted to do it for him. In her many and varied imaginings of this day, they had all been alike in one particular way. In every one the sun had shone, she had taken that part for granted, sadly. His love was once again taken lightly, underappreciated.

Her subjects were superstitious, they would not see just a bank of storm cloud above, it was mostly blank.

Sojung left his question unanswered, but he acted as if he was not bothered by her action and continued on the topic that he wanted to talk about, again, putting on the effort to protect the invisible relationship they were having, though, he was unsure if that was what he'd like to call it still.

Right at this moment, he was slowly realising how he was the only person whom had been trying to work this relationship out. A dysfunctional love is a torture to the two people related, however, he was the only one feeling it.