Chapter Thirty-Four

Another week had passed by like a wind. They were busy preparing for their comeback and end of year awards even though both of those were still a few months ahead. Seokjin was practicing the same two moves that he found hard over and over again with the help of Jungkook correcting him how the dance should look like.

"Two steps at a time, hyung," Jungkook said and Seokjin followed along. As times passed by, his moves were getting sharper and smoother the more he practiced it and a bright smile was painted across his face now that he managed to pull on a choreograph that he never thought he'd do.

"JUNGKOOK!" Seokjin jumped from his feet before giving Jungkook a tight hug as a sign of thanking him for teaching him the dance move. "Hy-hyung, I ca-can't breathe," he stuttered while still being in his arms.

"I'm sorry, Jungkook. But thanks, thanks a lot," he said laughingly, giving a soft tap at Jungkook's back before made his way to the corner of the practice room and sat on the floor.

His eyes were watching how the other members were practicing with their blood, sweat and tears for the past six to seven hours non-stop. He snaked his hand into his sweatpants' pocket and pulled his phone out, without hesitating, he dialled a number and brought his phone near his ears.

Seokjin waited for the phone call to get accepted—but the more he waited, the more he felt like the person will not pick up the call.

"Hello?" A voice could be heard from the speaker, and it was a voice that he didn't recognize—it was a male's voice.

"Hello? Who's calling?" the guy asked, but Seokjin stayed silent. He didn't know what to feel, but regrets were slowly taking over himself. Maybe I shouldn't be so easy to someone who once lied to me before. Without a word, he hung up the call and put his phone aside.

The floor became his only view, he stared at it as his mind rushing and running with thoughts that were full of negativities. It felt like déjà vu was hitting him straight into his feelings, the same situation, the same place, the same person, all over again. It left a hole in the corner of his heart—he wasn't sure where to hide his face anymore.

"Hyung?" a voice broke him from his thoughts. He glanced up and saw Jimin looking down at him who was sitting on the floor in silence.

"What are you daydreaming about?" he asked, as he took a sit next to Seokjin on the floor.

"Nothing," he placed a thin smile on his face.

"Lies. What do you have in mind?" he asked again, while pulling his phone out of his pockets and started scrolling on the phone screen. Seokjin stayed silent, he didn't know what to say or answer. His mind was as blank as his feelings.

"Hyung, are you okay?" Jimin turned his head to him when he felt the silence between them had been staying there for too long.

"I'm fine," Seokjin smirked before grabbing the water bottle and took a sip of the mineral water just to wash the nervousness and sadness that was overflowing himself.

Jimin turned his body to his side and stared at Seokjin's face who was still drinking the water to no ends. Why is this hyung acting so weird?

"What are you staring at?" Seokjin's eyebrows were pulled together when he realised how awkward the tension between them was with Jimin staring at him without a word.

"You're acting strange," Jimin said. "Is there anything wrong?" he continued, trying to examine Seokjin's expression that was clearly showing the word lies across his face.

"Nothing's wrong, Jimin. Don't worry," he squeezed Jimin's shoulder gently before standing to his feet and continued practicing with the others.

Jimin watched him walking away, every move and every step he took showed how awkward Seokjin was feeling while sitting next to him awhile ago, and could clearly felt how Seokjin was hiding something from him—from everybody else.