Chapter Twenty-Six

Days had been passing like lightning. Yerin couldn't get the thoughts out of her mind that had been lingering around since weeks ago, specifically since the day she found out about Sojung's break up with both of her boyfriends. Yeah, both.

A feeling of disappointment was still there somewhere in her heart, but at the same time, afraid. She was afraid if what had happened to Sojung, will happen to Eunbi too. They had been confirmed as a group to debut soon, the date had never been confirmed but they were official group members, and she as one of them definitely did not want anything bad to occur between her teammates, especially before the group debuted.

Her eyes were focusing on the TV in front of her, Stairway to Heaven was showing but none of the words that the actors said went into her mind, instead, they went through it as she did not even know what she was watching. Her mind was focusing on something else, questions, doubts, and most importantly, words.

Yerin grabbed the remote control that she placed on her thighs, and place it on the coffee table in front of her, before getting up from where she was sitting on and made her way to the kitchen.

Both Eunbis were seen standing at the edge of the dining table, probably eating something after a long day of dance class.

These pigs.

"Eunbi," she called out her name, and both of them turned around facing Yerin who was standing still in front of them. "Yes?" both of them answered at the same time as they turned around.

"You, Hwang Eunbi, come here," she pointed her index finger to Eunbi one whose jaw had dropped once Yerin called her out in the most fierce tone she had ever heard her saying.

Eunbi followed Yerin's steps at the back, and eventually they were sitting on the couch in the living room.

"How's your boyfriend doing?" she asked, and Eunbi was surprised by her sudden question. "Uh, he's doing good. Why?" she raised her eyebrows out of curiosity.

"How long have you two been together?" Yerin jumped to another question without answering Eunbi's, and left her in confusion.

"We. . .we have been together for four months now," she was stuttering to answer as her eyes were glued to Yerin's, who were glowing in a weird way.

"I see," she quietly said. "Where did you guys meet?"

"We. . .met in the building. I bumped into him, and that was when we started talking. He had been treating me in a special way which I had never felt before and I thought he was such a sweetheart," she said, her face blazed red from the thought of him, her eyes glowing brightly.

Yerin's gaze found Sojung as she walked out of her bedroom. She paused, obviously struck by another thought. Sojung thought the situation was kind of strange, there was something wrong going on and she glued her eyes to those two girls who were sitting on the couch.

"We'll talk about this later," Yerin leaned forward to Eunbi, and said it as slow as possible, it almost came out as a whisper. She got up from the couch, and made her way to the kitchen to join Yuju and Umji who were making kimchi lasagna.

Sojung's focus was soon moved to something else, when she felt a vibration on her left thigh. She pulled her phone out, and looked at the screen before pressing the green button.

"Why did you call me?" Raina asked, without Sojung had the chance to say anything.

"I had something to say," her voice came out flat.

"Oh, I see. Do you still want to talk about it?" she asked, her voice sounded so cheerful, which made Sojung felt how broken she really was, she was also supposed to be like Raina. Cheerful and happy. Where did the time go?